English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

How well are you at bowling?

WillyAnderson

How well are you at bowling? Empty How well are you at bowling?

Post  WillyAnderson Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:41 pm

So do you think that you could bowl a perfect game? Try bowling five perfect games in the last four years! That’s what Kolan McConiughey of Ann Arbor Michigan has done. Kolan is a mentally disabled man that participates with the Special Olympics for bowling. He has been bowling sense he was eight years old and has seemed to have a nack for it ever sense. Kolan's bowling average is 222, which is amazing in its self. Kolan's new goal to challenge the president to a game of bowling. The president has said that he can only bowl a 129 so Kolan feels that it won’t take much to win a game against president Obama.
    I think that this story is very cool to read. It’s great that Kolan has a hobby that he enjoys doing and from the sounds of it is great at! I know I would get smoked if I was playing a game of bowling with Kolan. I also think it would be fun to be taught the great tricks of the trade by Kolan, it sounds like he knows what he’s talking about. I hope that eventually Kolan’s dream to play bowling with the president comes true!
    http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-odd/20090322/Obama.Special.Olympics/

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:22 pm