English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

How about Hawaii!

michellewalker

How about Hawaii! Empty How about Hawaii!

Post  michellewalker Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:30 pm

I wanted to post something less serious this week, so how about a trip to Hawaii! On FOXNews.com under the current leisure news, they talk about the volcanoes of Hawaii and the history of the islands. When Pele, the volcano goddess, was looking for a home for her brothers and sisters, she went from island to island digging out fire pits and finally settled on Kilauea. It is said that Pele stomps on the floor of her fire pit when she wants to summon lava, hot rocks and smoke.

Locals do not seem to be greaved by the occasional loss of homes and such. They say that Pele is taking care of the island and cleaning things up. The people still have great respect for the goddess, and so would I with that firey temper.

I have never been to Hawaii and I would love to see the lava flows and all of the other sites there. Apparently there are alot of others who are interested in watching the lava flows too because there are tours just for that. While they have had a few deaths related to people who do not follow the advice of the tour guides. It sounds as if accidents are rare.

This web reference includes information on where to go if you are interested in seeing the sights of Hawaii's Kilaeua.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511810,00.html
    WillyAnderson

How about Hawaii! Empty warm sunny weather sounds nice!!

Post  WillyAnderson Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Hawaii sounds so nice right about now! All the history and tours you could take. The running lava, beautiful beaches crystal clear water and the bright bold sunny weather. (sigh’s) What a wonderful time that would be. I have never been to Hawaii but I’d love to go, it sounds like there would be so much to do and learn from a vacation there. I liked reading this article and it was nice that someone did something not so serious. It set me up for a nice day dream about a wonderful vacation. I can’t actually go there so why not dream eh?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:26 am