English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Taliban fighters thriving

pamelanadzan

Taliban fighters thriving Empty Taliban fighters thriving

Post  pamelanadzan Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:47 am

Twenty six people were killed in the latest suicide bombing at a crowded Shiite mosque south of Pakistan. Here Al Queda and Taliban fighters are thriving and are threatening two of these attacks per week if the U.S. does not stop missile attacks on Pakistan territory. Police have tightened security in the city to prevent violence at a funeral for the victims. It is believed that the attack was staged by a little known group though Pakistan has a history of sectarian violence which often involves Sunni extremists. T.V. footage showed several dead and a lot of blood. Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani announced his intent to “bring the perpetrators to justice.” Most of the attacks occur in the northwest but all of the major cities there have experienced assaults. A man named Umar Farooq who speaks for the militant group Fedayeen al-Islam told The Associated Press by phone that the attack was a “campaign against infidels.” This group is believed to be linked to the Pakistani Taliban and has been behind other attacks. It is hard to understand why people would join together to plan to kill people like this. And they believe that they are doing a service to God. I think that reporters should interview some of them asking more questions about why they do this. I would really like to know what they are thinking. Is it just that they are so brainwashed from birth that they do these things or is there a legitimate grievance? I think that they just don’t know anything else but what they’ve been brought up to do. This is another reason that I lean toward Christianity, because Jesus teaches to love your enemies and to do good to those who curse you. I pray earnestly for all people whether they are Jews or Muslims, etc.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512595,00.html

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:32 am