English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

5 posters

Cleaning Products!

courtniesanmiguel

Cleaning Products! Empty Cleaning Products!

Post  courtniesanmiguel Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:12 pm

http://www.naturalnews.com/026005.html

This article is about how indoor cleaning products create pollution and are one of the many things that can be easily fixed. It talks about how the cleaning products, especially in insulated houses just pollutes the air that we breathe. Breathing in those chemicals can affect our respiratory systems and can irritate skin and eyes. It also gave an easy recipe for a more environmentally safe cleaner. I chose this article though because my dad works for SC Johnson, a company that makes Windex, Glade, and Ziploc. They are a company that has and still makes ‘green’ products. When I buy the cleaning products I buy the ones that have the little green leaf on it because there are safer for the environment and just out of curiosity I looked at the ingredients on the back of a bottle of the eco-friendly bottle of Windex and it was very similar the recipe that this article said was less chemically. I know I don’t think that I am doing damage to the earth when I spray my house with air freshener or clean the counter with a chemical cleaner but think of how many people use those types of products all the time… The pollution has built up, even from small things like cleaning. It really is hard thing to think about how almost everything we do is affecting the world we live in some way. I mean even right now I have at least 10 things plugged in that are not in use. Without really thinking about it small things like that add up and is what is contributing to the problem.
    erikajunge

Cleaning Products! Empty Re: Cleaning Products!

Post  erikajunge Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 am

Yea it's crazy how new researching and findings are being done and concluded that pretty much every single thing we touch and use is somehow damaging our environment! It's messed up though, because we need those cleaners and air freshners to keep things clean and prevent all the bugs and diseases that are just sitting around our house also. If its not one thing then its another. Because your right, most people dont think twice about the cleaner their useing, or all the outlets that are being plugged in with something, but not being used. I like it how companies are starting to become alot more eco-friendly, and more options are out there for smart shopping consumers!
    pamelanadzan

Cleaning Products! Empty Cleaning products

Post  pamelanadzan Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 pm

I know what you mean about household cleaners and chemicals. They really are unsafe. I was just told about a product called Miracle II that they claim to be all natural, ph balanced, and very safe. I looked it up on line and there were many websites telling how awesome this product is, yet there was one website that said that the FDA warns that one of the products in that line is unapproved and bacterially contaminated. I don’t know how this could be since we sell it in the store that I work at. I would think that the FDA would not allow this if it were true. Furthermore, I have a friend that has used the product and loves it. For a 32 oz. bottle it is around $17 and you add an ounce to a 32 oz. bottle of water. So it does go a long way. The question is, is the FDA doing its job so that the consumer knows what is safe and what isn’t?

One more thing, all of the air fresheners that we use are really bad for you, especially for those who suffer from asthma. And, never ever mix bleach with ammonia or ammonia cleaners. It creates a gas that can be deadly if you breathe it in. I tell a lot of people this and I am surprised to find that they don’t know this.
    CoryHearns

Post  CoryHearns Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:24 pm

It seems like every thing these days is ‘bad’ for you. I know that breathing in a lot of chemicals is not very smart but don’t you think everyone knows that by now. I try to stay away from aerosol things but I think that it is silly to try and be perfectly healthy. In the world that we live in, we are constantly breathing in chemicals, even if we didn’t touch a cleaning product in our life. I am not saying that I’m for pollution or anything but there is only so much people can do. It is a very good idea to watch what you do everyday and be accountable for things that can damage the environment but sometimes you just can’t help it.
    tylerhenige

Cleaning Products! Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:12 am

I thought it was funny, I read the replies and everyone talked about how everything is bad for the environment. I totally agree. If a product is not bad for the environment, then it probably causes cancer. It seems like everything causes that now too. But back to the cleaning products, it is going to be hard for people to change their ways now. We have too many bad habits and use too many things that damage the environment. But something does have to happen, and soon, because we do have to change our ways. Our environment can only take so much damage.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 am