English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Obama's 1st 100 days in office

TerynSwan

Obama's 1st 100 days in office Empty Obama's 1st 100 days in office

Post  TerynSwan Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:15 am

Obama has only been in office a few short days and he is already stepping in and trying to make big strives for the country. He knows that if he wants something a bill past, that he could get all of the democrats to side with him, but unlike it has been in the past, he doesn't want to split the country. He has already gone to Capitol Hill to try and get his point across to the opposing party, so that maybe they will agree with his feelings about his plan for the economy. I believe that this is what the country needs right now. Somebody that will pull the country back together, and work to make our economy better. If the bill to help the economy passes on Wednesday with the congress, then that will be 825 billion dollars that will help rebuild our horrible economy. Other things he plans on doing are sending more troops over to Afghanistan and other parts of the Middle East to get the cities rebuild. This is in hopes of getting our country out of war faster by getting things done quicker. If we get out of this war then our country can go back to its priority of rebuilding the country. Without a lot of money going elsewhere.In closing I find it very respectable that Obama is keeping all the promises that he made to the people while running for office. He wants to keep the peace and better our country and he is already beginning to do just that. Most of the people that campaign make lots of promises to the people taht they don't intend to keep. So this is a really big deal for him to do that.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/28/obama.first.week/index.html
    CoryHearns

Obama's 1st 100 days in office Empty Re: Obama's 1st 100 days in office

Post  CoryHearns Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:09 am

It is great to see Obama living up to his promises as best he can. Our country really needs his strong leadership, and it’s great to see he is handling the responsibility well and not stepping on anyone’s toes. While I don’t really like the idea of sending even more troops out to war, if it will help end the conflict quicker, it just might be the best idea. Its great that even this shortly after coming into office things are already getting done. Obama never seemed like the kind to sit back and hope things work out, he wants to get them done and it is already shown through his productive first week.
    courtniesanmiguel

Post  courtniesanmiguel Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:18 pm

I am really glad to see Obama in office. I missed the voting age by just a few days and was happy to see America make the right decision! I have been seeing this 100 days business all over the internet and I think it’s great that so much is getting done and he is even doing it in his first week in office. War is never the answer but I don’t really see how what the troops are doing in Iraq is war but I guess I don’t actually know what they are doing there. Doesn’t seem like very much though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:11 am