English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Protesting in Bangkok

Sethobrien

Protesting in Bangkok Empty Protesting in Bangkok

Post  Sethobrien Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:54 am

What would you do if you were walking down the street and suddenly protesters started buses on fire and were throwing gasoline bombs at police. Then to your surprise, the police starts to return fire at the protesters turning the scene into a modern day battlefield. If you were In Bangkok Thailand, then this could be a possibility for you. The “red shirt” protesters where protesting the new government and how it was not democratically elected. I think that it is important for you to stand up for what you believe in but I do not think that you should resort to violence to achieve it. Here in America it it is not abnormal for people to protest with signs and with sit ins, but I do not remember a time when gasoline bombs and buses were used as weapons in a full out battle. I am glad that this doesn’t happen here. Could you imagine trying to raise a family when you have to worry about your son or daughter getting killed while playing outside. It would be a horrible place to live, and cost the state/area that it occurred in a lot of money to clean up after. It would be a whole lot better if people would not abuse their power or try and get it unfairly. Hopefully they figure out a way to make everyone happy so they do not have to worry about anymore damage or anyone else getting hurt.

check it out

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:14 am