English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Pollute the air to un-pollute the air?

CoryHearns

Pollute the air to un-pollute the air? Empty Pollute the air to un-pollute the air?

Post  CoryHearns Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 am

The article I read this week dealt with a plan that is being proposed to the United State government to help stop global warming. Usually, and I would always hope so, these plans should have a lot to do with limiting pollution and curbing CO2 emissions. Not this plan. This plan is to send more pollution into the atmosphere in order to block out the sun in a way that the world can’t get any warmer. I for one think that this idea is ludicrous. How could someone possibly think that putting more chemicals into the air could actually end up being beneficial to the planet. People have a big problem with not fully thinking through their actions and just doing things the way that is easiest and they can deal with it less than they really should be. This reminds me of the movie Big Daddy with Adam Sandler because whenever the little kid in the movie peed on the floor, he would simply cover the mess up with newspaper instead of cleaning it up for real. This makes people who watch the movie laugh, so hopefully this will make enough government officials laugh so much that it will never happen. Also I thought it was weird how the title of the article was “Can Government Scientists Save the Planet by Nuking Yellowstone National Park to Halt Global Warming?” but it was actually about the whole pollution to solve pollution thing, and I couldn’t find anything in the article about the park.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026021.html
    courtniesanmiguel

Pollute the air to un-pollute the air? Empty Re: Pollute the air to un-pollute the air?

Post  courtniesanmiguel Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:19 pm

I also read this article and was very confused about the whole nuking Yellowstone park thing because it really wasn’t in the article. The actual content of the article though was very funny and very stupid! Isn’t pollution what makes holes in the o-zone and damage the amount of oxygen in the air compared to carbon gases? Pollution may seem to block the sun in a literal sense but I think that polluting more would cause more sun to penetrate to the earth including the dangerous rays that the o-zone stops. This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen all week.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 am