English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Bad HPV Vaccine was on the loose!

courtniesanmiguel

Bad HPV Vaccine was on the loose! Empty Bad HPV Vaccine was on the loose!

Post  courtniesanmiguel Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:40 pm

This article is about how a batch of HPV vaccine made two girls in Spain sick. The article talked about how the government put a halt to further use of that batch and then eventually recalled the batch. It is a good thing that they recalled it but there were already 80,000 girls injected with the vaccine all across Spain. It is the same vaccine that is used here in America to help prevent cervical cancer. I’m not sure if that batch was released here or not but it did not say anything about it so I think it must have been strictly in Spain. I wonder why 80,000 doses were already given out but only two girls were affected that way immediately after getting the vaccine. Did any of the other patients have side effects? I would like to know that because you would think if the two girls were affected immediately they would have known something was wrong with that batch right away. I know that I did not get the vaccine but a lot of my friends did. My mom has never been big on vaccines but especially this one seemed really scary. My doctor tells me at every visit that it is a very good thing and might turn out to save me from cervical cancer but there still isn’t very much proof about the vaccines side effects or benefits. Maybe by the time I have kids I might trust it enough but for now I am not going near the HPV vaccine!

http://www.naturalnews.com/026019.html
    pamelanadzan

Bad HPV Vaccine was on the loose! Empty bad HPV vaccine

Post  pamelanadzan Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:12 pm

I have heard other things about this HPV vaccine. There are a group of moms that are really speaking out against it because they believe their daughters had bad reactions from it. One young girl became paralyzed. I wouldn’t trust it either when it is at such an early stage of development. Other vaccines have also been suspected of causing problems such as ADD and autism, though there is no scientific evidence. I do think that it is strange that many people that I talk to, that have had the flu shot, get the flu pretty often. My daughter and I have never had it and we never get the flu. She is even on immunosuppressant drugs because of her transplant and can’t have certain vaccines because of her allergies. And she is never sick, when the doctors said that she would be more susceptible because of taking those drugs. They didn’t know, however, that she would be unable to receive vaccines.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 am