English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

+3
TerynSwan
courtniesanmiguel
HeatherClayton
7 posters

Two inch tree grows in mans lung

HeatherClayton

Two inch tree grows in mans lung Empty Two inch tree grows in mans lung

Post  HeatherClayton Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Two inch tree grows in mans lung

Surgeons in Russia suspected that at 28-year-old man had cancer. When they went in to do surgery they found that it was a two in fir tree that had been growing inside his lung. The doctors removed the tree and were sure to take pictures of it for the man to see and keep. I cannot believe that a tree was actually growing inside someone’s lung! Don’t you usually need like sunlight for that or something? It’s crazy to think that he didn’t notice anything sooner than this. I believe it takes a while for a tree to grow even two inches so it’s odd that he just started going to the doctors. What is even weirder is the fact it was actually a TREE. I’m wondering how it got there…maybe he ate a some seeds or something but to think about it growing in the lung and not the stomach doesn’t really make any sense to me. How would it end up in the lung? I guess we will all have to wait and see if they get any more information on this story. Watch the video…there are real pictures of the tree.
    courtniesanmiguel

Two inch tree grows in mans lung Empty Re: Two inch tree grows in mans lung

Post  courtniesanmiguel Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:30 pm

That is so weird! It looked like a little branch or something. I too am very surprised that the man would of just now found that out. I wonder if he smokes because maybe the tree was getting enough carbon from something like that. The whole sunlight thing makes sense too but it looked like some type of pine tree so those can grow in darker environments I guess. I need to look into this some more! I still want to know if he was in pain or if he was treated for cancer with chemo –therapy or anything. I hope not.
    TerynSwan

Two inch tree grows in mans lung Empty 2 inch tree grows in mans lung

Post  TerynSwan Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:09 pm

This is such a crazy story....It's hard to imagine anyone having a tree growing inside of them. It kinda makes me think, I could have a tree growing inside of me and I wouldn't even know it. Normally when you try and swollow food or water and it goes down the wrong tube, you have a coughing fit. So this really makes me wonder as to how he got that in his lungs of all places. Wouldn't you think that if a seed or something went down the wrong tube that you would feel it and cough instantly. Well i dont know, but I will be waiting to hear more about this story.
    michellewalker

Two inch tree grows in mans lung Empty Amazed!

Post  michellewalker Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:16 pm

I remember when parents used to actually tell us not to swallow seeds because they would grow inside us! I guess they were right! Now I am worried about that 40 pound gumball my aunt says is probably in my intestines. Well, lucky guy I guess. Although they did say they didn't verify the story, it is still quite interesting!
    tylerhenige

Two inch tree grows in mans lung Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:12 am

A tree growing in your lung. How can that happen? It just doesn’t make any sense to me. I agree that, doesn’t a tree need sunlight to grow, or am I wrong. I guess like someone else said though, that some trees like darker environments. But this is still crazy. I guess from now on I do not want to swallow any seeds. How did it take so long for him to notice it? It was two inches long by the time he had it removed. It takes a tree along time to grow from a seed to two inches tall.
    reneeczekai

Post  reneeczekai Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:41 am

That is so weird. How can a tree grow in your lungs? I would think that it would have grown somewhere else, but his lungs it’s unbelievable how it got there. I also would think that it would need sunlight or something to help it grow. Also that it took him so long to do something about it. But I guess it would be hard to figure out that he actually had a tree inside of his lungs, who would have guessed. Luckily the doctors figured if out before they started to do chemo on he and he really didn’t need it. But I wonder if he has to do any type of treatment to get his lungs better?
    tsugden

Post  tsugden Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:34 am

That's crazy that this could actually happen. I wonder how it just went to the lungs and not like to his stomach. I wonder if it was in some foods that he ate and if it was I wonder how many other people have a tree growing in their lungs. It's good that they caught it now before it was too big and then some really bad might of happened to him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am