English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

John Madden

tylerhenige

John Madden Empty John Madden

Post  tylerhenige Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:12 pm

NBC broadcaster John Madden retires

The great John Madden has retired from sports broadcasting. I am not sure if Madden is more famous for his unique broadcasting style or for his famous football video games. Madden had a very interesting style of broadcasting because he used “comic book” language. By “comic book” language I mean pow, bang, boom, wack. This became very innovative to the broadcasting community. I can’t really think of anyone else that has that type of broadcasting style. Madden is also considered to be a great person. He never put anyone down on the air, and never lost his fire for the game after all of those years. Madden’s video game series is the top-selling sports video game of all time. His series is “Madden NFL Football (Year)”.
    Madden started as a linebackers coach for the Raiders. Then he became the head coach of the Raiders. Madden led the Raiders to their first Super Bowl victory. After retiring from coaching, Madden joined the CBS broadcasting crew in 1979. He stayed with CBS until 1994, then went to Fox until 2002. Next, Madden became the lead analyst for ABC’s Monday Night Football. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006. Madden has won 16 Emmy Awards for his innovative broadcasting. The last game that Madden broadcast was a Super Bowl, which was a good way for him to go out on a high note.

Madden was a good man, he did something the best he could, and created one of the best video games…Ever.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 am