English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

President seen Joking with Hugo Chavez

Sethobrien

President seen Joking with Hugo Chavez Empty President seen Joking with Hugo Chavez

Post  Sethobrien Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Have you ever been judged based on the group that you were seen talking to, or by the group of friends that you have. When this happens to you, and it is a false judgment, you are usually not to happy with what has happened to you. It seems as though even the president of the United States is unable to escape the judgment of what people perceive to be happening. President Obama was seen shaking hands and laughing with Hugo Chavez, the leader of Venezuela. Mr. Chavez is known as “brutal dictator” and seems to not care about human rights. He also is very anti-U.S. People are mad that the President was joking with such a person, and thought that he should be careful as to who he is seen talking too. President Obama responded by saying “It's unlikely that as a consequence of me shaking hands or having a polite conversation with Mr. Chavez that we are endangering the strategic interests of the United States." I think that if we are going to try and make more allies then we are going to have to reach out and talk to people that may not be so friendly in the past. If we were to not try and make friends, then things are never going to get better between the two area. If that is what the people of the U.S. want then I guess we should continue to walking around with our noses in the air only stopping to talk to people that represent countries that are friendly with the U.S.Check it out

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:38 am