English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

Red Hot Chili Peppers?

courtniesanmiguel

Red Hot Chili Peppers? Empty Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Post  courtniesanmiguel Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:52 pm

In this article, the topic of hot peppers is discussed. I myself have always avoided spicy things, but now I might think twice about avoiding the spice. The main ingredient of hot pepper, which is capsaicin, has been linked to helping reduce risk of many different types of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, and skin cancer. It is interesting the way the article talks about capsaicin because it doesn’t say it just reduces the risk, it says that it actually murders cancer cells by damaging their structure and stopping their intake of oxygen. I hope that maybe this discovery about the cancer fighting abilities of this substance could help someday craft a cancer treatment that could help people who have cancer or help stop cancer in the early stages. The articles goes on to discuss a bunch of different merits of eating hot peppers such as how it helps sinus problems because it is so hot, it stops heart problems by dissolving stuff that would normally cause artery clogging build up, can help stop digestion problems, and even lower body fat. I probably never would have thought that hot peppers could be so helpful because usually they make me just get really thirsty and have funny hot tingly tastes in my mouth. I think it is really interesting how many discoveries are being found about how common things that people might never think twice about being really good for you are actually good at combating disease and increasing general well-being.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026076.html
    CoryHearns

Red Hot Chili Peppers? Empty Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Post  CoryHearns Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:37 am

That is a very interesting article that you found. I really like all the articles on natural news about new things that are harmful and good for you. I put the crushed red peppers on my pizza every time I eat that, but I never would have thought that peppers could be so good for you. I normally just used them for the extra “zest.” I also think it is really interesting how many foods are being found to have so many unknown health benefits in them. I don’t really like eating peppers too much since they are so spicy, but I might think twice if it could mean not getting cancer. I liked the part in the article that said how hot peppers have the ability to make your taste buds stronger because honestly I would have guessed that they would burn you taste buds off instead.
    WillyAnderson

Post  WillyAnderson Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:24 am

This is a great article. I love spicy foods, every chance that my family and I get we’re putting red pepper and or jalapeño’s on our food so if indeed this fights off cancer hopefully we’re all in good shape! I also found it interesting that spicy foods help your taste buds become stronger; I too would think that it would keep you from tasting much of anything. Then again things like coffee that are pretty strong are suppose to clear your sinuses when smelling a bunch of different scents. So maybe they work in a way like that. Well I guess if peppers do or don’t keep cancer away, I will continue to eat them!
    brandonking01

Red Hot Chili Peppers? Empty RHCP

Post  brandonking01 Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:49 pm

I will first start by saying I never knew that eating spicy food could lower your risks of cancer. My friends and I are always eating some really spick chicken wings. I have eaten ones that are so hot I have cried, sweat for hours, and even had to get sick. When I was in junior high I was in a hot pepper eating contest. I really hope that they find more innovated procedure to fight cancer because many people I know have it or have had it. My grandmother battled breast cancer, my grandfather battled prostate cancer, my uncle is dying of leukemia. I know that cancer is hereditary and it worries me that it is in my family because I never want to have to go through some of the treatment that I have seen my grandmother go through.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:41 am