English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Victim's of false crimes.

WillyAnderson

Victim's of false crimes. Empty Victim's of false crimes.

Post  WillyAnderson Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:11 pm

It has always been general knowledge and a piece of mind that if there was ever an emergency that we would be able to dial 911 and have law enforcement to our location as soon as possible. This safety amenity that we take for granted of always being there is now being threatened by people who think it’s a fun game to call 911 and give them fake emergency scenarios that take place a totally random addresses all over the country. When these calls are put into the emergency line, many police, swats and even some cases helicopters are called out to the residence, demanding the people to exit their homes. These people are completely innocent, scared and worried when all of these people of law enforcement surround their homes and they are being treated as if though they made huge murders.
    Like the Bates family for example, they were at home sleeping with their children in the bedroom next to them when all of the sudden thirty people all part of the swat team k-9’s and helicopters surround their home thinking that this man was high on drugs and had shot his sister. When Mr. Bates exits the home they take him down along with his wife. These families are being randomly chosen by people who get kicks out of the prank calls to 911 that are in completely different locations, and states.
    These false calls are costing police departments a lot of money and are ruining many innocent people’s lives and humiliating them, law enforcement believes that these people are doing this to stroke their egos. My biggest concern about this story is that this will continue to happen, and to many people with cry wolf to get their kicks and when someone is really truly in danger police might start to question it before acting quickly. I hope these cruel jokes fade fast so that innocent people don’t have to go through this.
    WillyAnderson

Victim's of false crimes. Empty I forgot the link so I am adding it now, sorry!

Post  WillyAnderson Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 7:11 pm