English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Holder confirmed as attorney general

ashleyoglesby

Holder confirmed as attorney general Empty Holder confirmed as attorney general

Post  ashleyoglesby Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:15 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/02/holder.confirmed/index.html?iref=24hours

The new attorney general is Eric Holder. He won the position by a vote of 75-21. Doing the hearing of confirmation, there were many people question Holder to see if he is able to hold such a job. There was one person that stood up and said that Holder is the “fitness” for this job. There is a big job to do but people still question that fact if Holder can do the job. People also say that Holder is not good for the job because he is a strong supportive of the people having guns permits. The things that I want to say to this people is that if you don’t want this man in office stop making excuse of why he would not do so good. Just come out and tell people. I think that it is waste air and time, of making reason why this man cannot be in office. Most people blame it on the President Clinton, because Holder used to be a part of his administration as well, because of the last minute-pardon that he and Clinton decide to make, people still say that he is not right for holding this position. For the information that I read about Holder in the past I think that he is great for the job. Because he does looks at all the facts, and makes sure that everything is present to make truths about everything. All holder has to do is prove that he can do the job, he has to create credibility.

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 6:31 pm