English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Alex Rodriguez

tylerhenige

Alex Rodriguez Empty Alex Rodriguez

Post  tylerhenige Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 am

A-Rod reportedly tested positive for steroids

Another big name baseball player is added to the steroid list. Alex Rodriguez is the newest name added to the list of steroid users. Sports Illustrated claims that Rodriguez tested positive for some type of steroid in 2003. In 2003, he won the American League most valuable player award. Baseball is dealing with a major steroids problem. First the new home run leader, Barry Bonds, had to deal with court hearings about his possible steroid use. Now, Rodriguez is being accused and he is the player that was supposed to break Bonds home run record. The big name players in baseball are dropping like flies, all of them are on the steroid list it seems like. Rodriguez isn’t playing the denial game yet, but he his pointing all of the presses questions to the union. Rodriguez was never punished in 2003 for his positive drug test because that year was used to decide if baseball should have a mandatory drug test and punishment system. And the records were supposed to be kept anonymous. What is baseball suppose to do? It seems like every day there is another person being accused of using steroids. And every record that baseball has will have an asterisk by it, because all of the record leaders will be accused of using steroids eventually. Baseball has a problem with no easy fix; it’s hard to test every player, every year. And not only that but they are trying to get answers from players that don’t even play anymore. Will the situation ever end?
    ashleyoglesby

Alex Rodriguez Empty Re: Alex Rodriguez

Post  ashleyoglesby Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Ok, I feel that it is too late to charge Mr. Rodriguez with the drug charge, because that was in the past, and maybe he was slip those drugs and did not know. I know that he is not playing the denied game, but what if he was drug by someone that he does know and just covering for them. I think that baseball needs to check everyone before a game and during practices. Because this thing is getting out of control, it’s every time a person turns around they are find players that have drugs inside of them. I think that the National Baseball just love to spend money and stay in the news.
    reneeczekai

Post  reneeczekai Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:56 pm

I know I feel the same way...every time someone turns around it seems like drugs have to do with something that in athletics at least that's what they show in the news and magazines. It's just getting out of control. I'm not sure if he should be charged since it was a long time ago, but they need to be check people more for this. I don't think this will ever end....athletes are still going to do it cause it makes them bigger, faster, and strong they have to be the best.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:24 pm