English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Will recession dull hip-hop's bling?

Sethobrien

Will recession dull hip-hop's bling? Empty Will recession dull hip-hop's bling?

Post  Sethobrien Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Recession and Hip-hop

Have you ever wondered if the famous people on MTV and BET are feeling the crunch or the recession? This article is about how the symbol of hip-hop (bling) is not being worn by artists like it once was. When at the Grammys hip-hop artists still showed up in the Armani suits, but they are not wearing the bling. The artists that choose to buy the expensive cars and expensive jewelry for their music videos have come to be known as “recession proof” artists. Amy Andrieux a senior editor at source magazine believes that artists are going to go back to lyricism where they sing about real life struggles and hardships. I think that it is good that artists are not wearing the bling like they used to. If you were watching t.v. thinking about how you were going to pay your bills, or worry about how you are going to pay the bills, you wouldn’t want to watch someone on t.v. with a million dollar piece of jewelry on. The article also says that artists are getting less then half the amount of money for each song that put out. This shows how much of a recession we are in. People can’t afford to go to concerts or buy CDs like they used to. I think that it is good to hear about how the rich struggle with the recession. Maybe something will get done faster to pull us out of this recession if wealthier people are losing money too.
    ashleyoglesby

Will recession dull hip-hop's bling? Empty Re: Will recession dull hip-hop's bling?

Post  ashleyoglesby Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 pm

I am glad to see that the rich people are facing a recession as well, because I got tired of seeing all the jewelry in people’s videos. I hope that the government figures out some thing, because the looks of it the next things that is going out business is the TV Shows. Then those high paid actors will be looking for work just like the rest of the people in America. I think the taking all those jewelry out for the videos will help parents to save money because they son or daughter is not begging or crying about getting me that necklace or sunglass.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:05 pm