English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

Cheap Gas Is History, Again

CoryHearns

Cheap Gas Is History, Again Empty Cheap Gas Is History, Again

Post  CoryHearns Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:03 pm

For this week’s article I picked one that affects anyone who relies on gas in order to get themselves through their day. The price of gas has already risen from it’s December low of $1.60 to nearing the $2.00 mark. It can be hard for people to afford gas prices if they continue to rise at their current rate, and in these hard economic times, people need to save money as much as they can. I for one am fine with the current prices being around $2.00 because it is so much more affordable than the extremely high price of about $4.00 it reached last summer. But even with the comparatively lower prices it could get hard to some people to even fill their tanks with unemployment rates soaring and too many people are without jobs. The article does offer some hope since the prices will still be rising, but not to the obscene levels it has reached in the past. This is good news for people who are worried about making their money last, that the gas stations will allow them reasonable prices to help with the country’s economic troubles. It would be nice if prices were as low as they were at the end of last year, but knowing that it at least won’t get over $2.35 at least for a while gives me some comfort in my driving plans. I take road trips to concerts at least 2 hours away a few times a month, so I’m glad to know prices won’t get unreasonably high to where it will affect me that much.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/16/news/economy/gas_prices/index.htm?postversion=2009021612
    WillyAnderson

Cheap Gas Is History, Again Empty gas prices

Post  WillyAnderson Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:29 pm

I too am very happy that gas prices are much lower than this time last year. Although I don’t mind even gas at $2.00 a gallon, I do wish it was lower. Maybe I am greedy when it comes to this, but I enjoyed being able to fill my car up for twenty bucks and not have to worry about feeling up yet again for a high price. I think that the lower prices have also helped many people who are going through some majorly tough times. I also think that if it is like this when the weather is warmer maybe people will be able to travel more and spend some extra money to boast things a little!
    tsugden

Cheap Gas Is History, Again Empty Re: Cheap Gas Is History, Again

Post  tsugden Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:15 pm

The lower gas prices lately have been really nice. I remember have to deal out around $80 a fill up last summer for my truck. With prices now around $2 a gallon its about $35 to fill up, quite a nice chunk of change. I hope the price stays below $2.50 this summer so families can once again go on vacations and hopefully get the economy going a little bit. Now we just need to find a solution to all the missing jobs problem.
    ashleyoglesby

Post  ashleyoglesby Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I am that gas is on the low mark again. I fell that gas should stay at one price, because going back and forth between two and three dollar is hurting my packets. I already don’t get enough make enough money at work because they keep cutting my hours. So it is hard for me to get back and forth to work, school, and picking my daughter up from daycare. The little bit of gas I do put in my car can last me about two weeks but once the gas goes back up to four dollars I am riding the bus again to whatever I need to go.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:08 am