English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Green Hotels

courtniesanmiguel

Green Hotels Empty Green Hotels

Post  courtniesanmiguel Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 pm

http://www.naturalnews.com/025173.html

This article is about how the hotel business is going green. It is saying how more and more hotels are choosing environmentally safe equipment and furnishings like permanent shampoo and soap dispensers rather that tons and tons of little disposable plastic containers. Also hotels are saving money and using less energy by using natural light instead of so many electric lights. Personally, I find myself more attracted to eco friendly things. Some times though I have to look into the fact of if it really is environmentally safe. Just because it says ‘Green’ on the sticker doesn’t always make it ‘green’! What was interesting to me about this article was that even though the economy is not doing very well and people don’t really have that much money to spend, we as the consumers do choose eco friendly over not even if that means paying more. When I go to a store I am very likely to pick the brand that says natural or 100% natural ingredients. When I buy my cat food I buy the kind with vegetables and brown and green colors rather that the one with fish bones and paw prints. Natural and eco friendly has a higher demand than other products and this new fashion of eco safe hotels is just another thing that consumers are choosing. I think that we all choose green things to help the environment but what it really comes down to is that when we buy some thing and it says natural or eco safe on it then we feel a little less guilty for buying it.