English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

5 posters

Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer!

courtniesanmiguel

Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer! Empty Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer!

Post  courtniesanmiguel Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:47 pm

http://www.NaturalNews.com/025696.html

This article caught my eye because my friends really enjoy burning incense. Knowing about this stuff in very beneficial and very scary! According to researchers, regular inhalation of incense smoke can increase your risk of getting different types of respiratory cancers. It seems like everyday researchers find some thing else that increases your risk of getting cancer but the study that was done in this specific situation was especially interesting. Not only did studying only one ethnic group strike me as weird but I also thought that the number of people that developed cancer was crazy! I personally don’t think it matters what ethnicity they studied but I’m sure that they chose to study a group of Chinese people because their culture uses incense more often and for many different reasons. Maybe they did study other groups to compare but I just think it is weird that they wouldn’t say the comparison if they did. In this study, a little over 60,000 people were interviewed about their incense use. After 12 years, 325 participants had developed some type of upper respiratory cancer and over 800 had developed lung cancer! Sure, culture plays a big part in those numbers I’m sure but my friends burn incense on a regular basis and knowing about the different things it releases is a pretty scary thing to know now. Not to mention I have cancer of every kind in every generation of my family. I like to be careful about that if I can. I realize that there are other things that could have contributed but cancer is an evil thing that takes the lives of people all the time! This article was actually very interesting and easy to read, you should all check it out and not breathe incense smoke ever!
    tylerhenige

Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer! Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:21 am

Wow, this is an interesting article. I am not introduced to incense that much but in the rare occasion I am. The rare time that I am introduced to incense is in church. These short periods of time do not make me worry that I am going to get cancer from incense. But those statistics show that incense is possibly dangerous to a person’s health. I am also in the same situations you are in, because relatives in my family have had cancer. So when I hear about things that cause cancer, I take notice of what it is and what I can do about it.
    CoryHearns

Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer! Empty Re: Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer!

Post  CoryHearns Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:06 am

Although I never really thought about incense causing cancer, and it is interesting that a study showed that it does help cause cancer, I don’t think I am honestly too worried about it. There are so many things that cause cancer out there that attempting to avoid every one of them would become a full time job. It would be so hard to stay away from every little thing that might cause cancer that sometimes you have to just suck it up and hope you don’t get cancer if you end up around something that might cause cancer. Incense is something that you don’t need to be around everyday, and if you really are concerned, just don’t use incense.
    erikajunge

Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer! Empty Re: Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer!

Post  erikajunge Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:54 pm

holy cow, i definatly didnt know that insense had these effects! I burn insense alot too, and i never figured it was really harming my lungs! That's scary.. but i wonder how much insense needs to be burned on a daily basis to really take toll on your body. And that is a little weird that the statistics were only discussed about chinese people.. i'm pretty sure all types of people have burned insense before. Hopefully this study JUST came out, because word needs to get out and let people know whats going on. If it's not one thing in the health field then its another... all these cancers need to just go away! The next study that comes out will say something about getting cancer from burning candles!! Shocked
    WillyAnderson

Breathing Incense Smoke Increases Your Risk of Cancer! Empty What's next?

Post  WillyAnderson Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:59 am

Wow, the statistics they give on how many people developed cancer and believing that it was caused by the incense smoke is pretty crazy. I’m not really around incense that much so it doesn’t worry me at all. Though I have always thought “oh geez another thing to add to the list” I mean it seems like everything causes cancer and it’s just something we should count on having because of this. Don’t get me wrong I don’t wish it upon anyone it is a terrible disease, but what’s next? I am also one of them people that think twice about doing or eating something that they say might cause cancer. But sometimes I also think that maybe sense there is so much that could cause cancer and something you can’t really get around it that we should just live our lives and enjoy them instead of worrying because it’s going to strike you one way or another.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:38 am