English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Natural Diet Suppliments May Be a Hazzard to Your Health

tsugden

Natural Diet Suppliments May Be a Hazzard to Your Health Empty Natural Diet Suppliments May Be a Hazzard to Your Health

Post  tsugden Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Suppliments may be health hazzard

Apparently a bunch of "Natural" weight loss suppliments have been found to contain drugs like laxatives, diuretics, and anti-seizure medications. This really doesn't surprize me that much, since things like these are usually not endorsed by the fda and are made by companies that are just out to make a quick buck. I do take suppliments like calcium but I have never taken a weight loss product. They all seem like a hoax to me, I would much rather eat right and hit the gym to stay in shape and lose weight. It just makes me wonder why these types of things are allowed to be sold in stores or why stores would want to carry them if they can cause so many problems with peoples health.
    pamelanadzan

Natural Diet Suppliments May Be a Hazzard to Your Health Empty supplements

Post  pamelanadzan Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:51 am

I work in a health food store and I know there are many dangers in not knowing what you are doing. People need to be more knowledgeable when using supplements. Some herbs, for instance, can be dangerous if taken with other herbs or drugs. St. John’s Wort can be deadly when taken with Prozak, Grapefruit seed extract will raise any drug level in your system and many herbs can cause miscarriage, illness, or death if used improperly. There are many websites that will tell you what herbs and vitamins can cause problems. Here is one - http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Dangers-of-Herbs&id=986248. There are also foods, such as sweeteners, that people don’t know that act as a laxative. It is always a good idea to read labels and do your homework when taking vitamins, herbs, or starting a new diet program requiring any man-made food. In that way you can avoid any reaction or illness that would not have happened otherwise.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:23 am