English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Addiction to Facebook

HeatherClayton

Addiction to Facebook Empty Addiction to Facebook

Post  HeatherClayton Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Addiction to Facebook

Not only is everyone becoming addicted to MySpace but now people are becoming addicted to Facebook. I can't believe that people actually are so addicted to Facebook that they can ignore their family or ignore work. Where I used to work they had to block the MySpace and Facebook website because everyone was going on it so much whenever they had spare time. I realized that I was becoming addicted to MySpace back in 11th grade and at the time I actually deleted my MySpace so I couldn't be that addicted to it. Now I don't really understand what the big deal is about MySpace or Facebook. It's just amazing that so many people are becoming more and more interested in these sites. At first it was mainly all teenagers who had MySpace and college kids who had Facebook. Now every age group has a MySpace AND a Facebook. I have seen 10 year olds ranging all the way up to 50 year olds who had the webpages. I just think that it is really sad that people aren't getting up from the computer and doing things...everyone is spending more time on their computer because of these kinds of websites.