English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

GERMS! Has anyone been sick lately?

michellewalker

GERMS! Has anyone been sick lately? Empty GERMS! Has anyone been sick lately?

Post  michellewalker Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Germy hot spots

So, has anyone been sick lately? I know I have and so has everyone in my family. Some more than once this year.

Now, there is now way to avoid every germ and virus that comes around, and I am sure that we all wash our hands diligently, but in this spot on the news, Prevention magazine identifies nine hot spots. Did you know that 25% of soap dispensers in public washrooms have fecal matter on them? And I am sorry to say that that is not the end of it. Ketchup bottles at restaurants, doormats, dashboards, distowels, vaccuums and cell phones are on the list too! (ewww!)

There are also great tips on reducing the bacteria on these surfaces. Please watch the six minute video from abc news, especially if you have little ones. It is full of tips.
    reneeczekai

GERMS! Has anyone been sick lately? Empty Re: GERMS! Has anyone been sick lately?

Post  reneeczekai Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:51 pm

I always say that I never get sick. Well this year has been bad. I have been sick 2 or 3 times so far. I wash my hand constantly and it just seems like I'm always getting sick now. My grandma always say it's the change in the weather. And I believer her. We live in Michigan you never know it could be 70 degrees out one day and the next day it would be 30 degrees and snowing. Just when your body is getting use to the warm weather he comes the cold again.
    brandonking01

GERMS! Has anyone been sick lately? Empty Cold

Post  brandonking01 Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:49 pm

This year has been pretty bad for being sick but I think last year was worse. Last year I was sick 2 times, once with strop-throat and once with pneumonia. This year I have been sick once, but it seems as though everyone I know has been sick. One of my roommates is student teaching and she has been sick almost every other week. I know there is no way of avoiding germs, but I always wash my hands multiple times throughout the day I also try not to touch my face or mouth too much. Whenever I cough or sneeze I use the corner of my arm near my elbow, that way the germs don’t fly around or I don’t get them on my hands.
    CoryHearns

GERMS! Has anyone been sick lately? Empty Re: GERMS! Has anyone been sick lately?

Post  CoryHearns Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:05 am

I have been sick on and off this year and it's been surprising since I normally don't get this sick that often. Thats some pretty gross realizations about the unsanitary conditions in public restrooms, and I always try and avoid touching things in them as much as I can. Hearing it told flatly that most of the soap dispensers have feces on them is a pretty shocking discovery. Automated sinks and towel dispensers are a good way to help fight germs even if they are sometimes hard to get to cooperate. Like you really have to put your hand under the soap dispensers like 4 times because it only gives you a miniscule portion of soap.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:54 am