English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Austrian man held daughter captive

michellewalker

Austrian man held daughter captive Empty Austrian man held daughter captive

Post  michellewalker Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 am

An austrian man held his daughter captive in his cellar for 24 years. He fathered 7 children with her in that time by repeatedly visiting and raping her. 3 of the children lived with her in the cellar and never saw the daylight. 3 others were raised by the 73 year old man and his wife who was told that her daughter had abandoned them and joined a cult. It was only when her 2 day old son (the last of the 7 children) died that this all came to light.

If convicted on negligent homicide, the man will face life in prison. Incest only carries a one year imprisonment in Austria. The man pled guilty to incest, but not enslavement which carries a 20 year punishment. Rape carries a 15 year punishment.

Apparently, there was sound proofing in the ceiling so that the man's wife could not hear the cries of the people in the cellar.

This is all so twisted I cannot even fathom how the system is set up in Austria. There is DNA evidence that proves that this man is the father of his own grandchildren.

Austria

Last edited by michellewalker on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information added)
    WillyAnderson

Austrian man held daughter captive Empty This man is very sick!

Post  WillyAnderson Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:51 am

I have read this story before and it’s just sick! I can’t believe that a father would do this to his own child and get away with it for so long. It also makes me wonder how for 7 years the wife didn’t sense something was wrong with any of the stories and that these children just kept popping up. Or that she never tried to go into the cellar. Either way the bottom line is that, that man is sick and should spend the rest of his life in prison! I would like to find a follow up story about the daughter and children and how they are doing. It would also be neat to find out how the children reacted to their first time experiencing daylight

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:30 pm