English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Traffic Jams and Hart attacks related!

WillyAnderson

Traffic Jams and Hart attacks related! Empty Traffic Jams and Hart attacks related!

Post  WillyAnderson Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:51 am

Researchers are now looking into the possibility that traffic jams can heighten your risks of heart attracts. They have found the women and older men are at higher risk of having a heart attack after sitting in a traffic jam for long periods of time. Although most of the people who where a part of this study where in cars and in traffic jams, risk tripled for people who used public transportation or rode bicycles. They aren’t sure what exactly causes people to have higher risks of heart attacks when they are stuck in traffic jams more often than not. They feel that it could be the air pollution that they breath in while they are sitting there waiting to get to their destination. They said it could be the stress of being jammed in the same place for longer periods of time, or even the loud noise of all the vehicles running around your or honking at each other.
    When I was reading this I was kind of wondering how in the world a traffic jam would cause a person to be at high risk of having a heart attack. Now that I think about it though, I guess that the stress and pollution could play a big part in that just like being in a bar with second hand smoke I guess it all plays a part in what happens later in life.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29664984/