English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Polar Bear Attacks Woman

tsugden

Polar Bear Attacks Woman Empty Polar Bear Attacks Woman

Post  tsugden Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:24 am

A polar bear attacked a woman at Berlin Zoo Friday afternoon after she climbed a fence and jumped into its habitat during feeding time, police said. One adult polar bear bit her several times after she jumped into the water. Zoo workers threw rescue rings toward the woman to pull her out and to distract other polar bears swimming nearby. At one point the woman fell back into the water and was grabbed by a bear before she was eventually pulled out. The woman was severely injured and was being treated at a hospital, police said. I think either this woman was a really big fan of polar bears and wanted to see them up close, or she was just crazy. Either way I'm glad she's alive and that rescuers managed to get her out the bear pen safely. I guess the next time I go to a zoo I'll remember not to jump any fences!

Woman Attacked By Polar Bear
    WillyAnderson

Polar Bear Attacks Woman Empty Re: Polar Bear Attacks Woman

Post  WillyAnderson Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Okay so I have seen this article and the video many times on my home page for the internet and I just think its ridicules. Who honestly decides “oh today I think I’m going to jump in to the polar bear’s habitat” I think I might have read somewhere that she was ticketed for trespassing. I can’t find where I read it. I guess the most important part is that she made it out alive. She is rather lucky to make it through something like that, especially when it was during their feeding time. Hopefully she has learned her lesson and will think twice about jumping in with the polar bears.
    TerynSwan

Polar Bear Attacks Woman Empty polar bear attacks woman

Post  TerynSwan Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:22 pm

This woman had to have been out of her mind. Who randomly jumps a fence and says "I think I'll take a swim with these huge polar bears, they won't hurt me." When I opened this article I assumed by the title that it would be talking about this woman that out in the middle of no where and a polar bear came out of no where and attacked her. Not some lunatic that climbed into a polar bears home at a zoo during feeding time and took a swim with them. No wonder why she got atacked, for one shes invading there home, and two she went in there during the time when they eat. The bears could have thought she was just something else to eat.

Sponsored content

Polar Bear Attacks Woman Empty Re: Polar Bear Attacks Woman

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 am