English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Stimulate US: Jay Leno shows Detroit some love with free comedy show

reneeczekai

Stimulate US: Jay Leno shows Detroit some love with free comedy show Empty Stimulate US: Jay Leno shows Detroit some love with free comedy show

Post  reneeczekai Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:37 pm

City Councilwoman Martha Reeves, who last week thought she sweet-talked Jay Leno into a scheduling a show in Detroit, isn't happy he's arranged a second one in the suburbs. Speaking shortly after Leno announced a show on April 8 at The Palace of Auburn Hills in addition to one there the night before, Reeves said she still doesn't know why he couldn't play Ford Field or Joe Louis Arena. Leno announced the free show to lift the spirits of Michigan's unemployed on "The Tonight Show" last week by calling Detroit "one of my favorite places." That's irked Reeves, who points out that the suburbs aren't Detroit. "Detroit is one of my favorite places, too," Reeves said. "If you're going to be here, I want to see you. And (Leno) is not going to be here. He's going to be in Auburn Hills. If there is a second show in Auburn Hills, it's still not Detroit. I just want it to be Detroit, if it's Detroit." Last week during a brief conversation, Reeves urged Leno to do a show at either Joe Louis Arena or Ford Field, which is the venue for this year's NCCA Men's Basketball Final Four. She hung up thinking he promised to consider another show sometime this year in the city.

Stimulate US: Jay Leno shows Detroit some love with free comedy show

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:00 am