English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

+4
pamelanadzan
CoryHearns
TerynSwan
erikajunge
8 posters

First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies

erikajunge

First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies Empty First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies

Post  erikajunge Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Single mother Nadya Suleman can’t wait to take the eight infants home

A Mother of already 6 babies in the household just delivered octuplets. Nayda Suleman is a 33 year old single woman. The father is currently not with the mom, but agreeingly gave Nayda sperm donations in order for her to concieve his kids. She currently lives with her mother and from 1997 to 2006 worked in a state mental hospital. In 1999 she was injured in a riot and since then has been on disability benefits. She said she's now relying on church and friends to help take care of all her newborn babies. She was working doubles until this point and helped to save up money for the delivery hopsital fees along with the vitro fertilization procedures fee that helped her to have her babies. NBC chief medical editor estimated the delivery cost and the time spent careing for the nerborns until all are healthy enough and ready to leave the hospital to be between $1.5 million and $3 million. Nayda said her desire to have such a large family was due to be an only child growing up and always wanting a brother or sister.
    My feelings on this situation is that I persnally think this lady is insane! I can't beleive she just had eight kids, while already having six to begin with, and not even having a father really even involved. She lives with her mom and doesn't have that stable of a job, let alone her own house to care for this huge family. Hopefully things work out, but I can't even imagine how much money she will be needing to spend on the care of her children. tongue
    TerynSwan

First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies Empty octuplets mom and her babies

Post  TerynSwan Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:06 pm

I think that this lady is crazy for wanting this many children. I wonder if the reason why she wants this many children is because she wants support from the country. If she already has 6 other kids plus now she has another 8 to handle. It makes you wonder why she would want so many more. Most of these people that have so many kids at one time, and know that this is the possible outcome want you to feel sorry for them for having so many kids. They expect your support and money because they don't have enough money on there own to pay for all of these children. But my reasoning is if you knew what you were getting yourself into then why would you do it. I dont feel bad for these people, because they know what they are getting into and they want your help anyways.
    CoryHearns

First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies Empty Re: First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies

Post  CoryHearns Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:17 am

This was brought up in my sociology class yesterday, and my teacher said that this lady shouldn’t be getting so much attention because she is allowed to have as many kids as she wants, and if she did it, she has the right to. But I think just because you can, sometimes you shouldn’t. There are already way too many people on the planet, and one person having 14 of them isn’t going to help. If she was looking to have a big family she should have just adopted children who need a family instead of giving birth to all these new kids that she can’t even seemingly care for herself.
    pamelanadzan

First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies Empty octuplets

Post  pamelanadzan Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:13 am

I really believe, though I could be wrong, that she did this for attention. It seems to be similar to munchausen syndrome by proxy, which is a mental illness in which, mostly mothers, say that their child is ill for attention or financial gain. I think that this young mother should be required to give some of these children up for adoption, because it is not fair for the children. You cannot spread yourself too thin when raising kids. Some, if not all, will be neglected. It is also not right to depend on others to take care of that many kids. I think that it is very irresponsible.
    Sethobrien

First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies Empty Response to Octuplets

Post  Sethobrien Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:40 pm

I couldn’t imagine having fourteen kids let alone eight new babies. I just have one baby that sleeps most nights, but when he doesn’t sleep it drives me crazy. She is going to have to have a lot of caffeine to make it through the night. I feel bad for her family and her friends, because they are going to end up taking care of all of her kids. I understand that it is her choice to have kids but when you have so many kids that there is no way for you to take care of them yourself financially or otherwise, you shouldn’t have that many kids. I guess if her family is fine with it then there is nothing to worry about. Another thing that I am concerned about is how she is going to pay for all of these kids to live. There is no way that she could work a normal job and support even the six kids. It just seems like she was inconsiderate and didn’t think about all the other people involved even the other children that she has. I understand that she wants to fill the void made from being an only child, but she doesn’t seem to care about the other children she has. I hope her other children get the chance to do all the things that kids get to do and don’t miss out. It would suck for them when they go to school and here about the other kids summer vacations when they didn’t get the chance to do anything.
    HeatherClayton

First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies Empty Re: First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies

Post  HeatherClayton Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:48 am

This is insane. I don’t know how someone could have that many kids when they aren’t financially stable. I know that it isn’t completely only her fault because the doctor is to blame too but it’s like she didn’t even consider the way that her family might feel about this. I will never understand why she thought it was okay to have more kids after she already had six of them. If she couldn’t support the six then why would you want more? Wouldn’t you want to be able to give them the best life that they can have. She would have to be like a rocket scientist and a brain surgeon plus come up with a new invention that sells millions in order to support these kids for the rest of her life. I can’t even imagine what school and college is going to be like for all of the kids.
    brandonking01

First look: Octuplet mom shows off babies Empty This lady is Insane!!!!!!!!!

Post  brandonking01 Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Are you serious? This lady already had 6 children, and struggling. I cannot believe that she had 8 more. Because of people like her other countries put restrictions on the amount of kids you can have. Three of her kids are already disabled. It would be hard enough to take care of one disabled child, but three…..and on top of that 11 more. This woman does not even have a job. I am glad that my tax money goes to those people in need, but not people who put themselves in that situation on purpose. It makes me sick to see the stupidity of our country.
    reneeczekai

Post  reneeczekai Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:04 pm

I think this is ridiculous, I couldn't imagine to take care of that many kids. Especially babies and she lives with her mother and the father isn't around to help her with the kids. She doesn't have a steady job. The hospital is outrageous I just hope she has the money to pay for that and take care of all her kids. I don't think that the doctor should of let her have so many. I was listening to the radio and they said that she was suppose to have 6 and she 8 kids instead.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:11 am