English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Rapping Flight Attendant

HeatherClayton

Rapping Flight Attendant Empty Rapping Flight Attendant

Post  HeatherClayton Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Rapping Flight Attendant

I watched this on the news the other morning and found it pretty interesting. A flight attendant got tired of not being listened to when he goes through all the pre flight instructions...people used to just turn their heads and tune out. David Holmes came up with a genius way to make people want to listen. Now instead of just telling the instructions he raps them. He has stated that he has more than one rap and usually takes passengers by surprise. In this video you can see the passenger’s reactions to the rapping and you can tell that they are really enjoying it. The way that David Holmes was discovered was from a lady who recorded the rap on her cell phone. When she went to get off the plane she told David that she was going to post it to YouTube and he said “I dare you”…a few days later it ended up with over 2,000 views and now it’s a big hit. I think that David’s idea is pretty cool. It’s a great way to get people’s attention and make them listen to things that are important. The passenger does have to know all of these instructions otherwise flight attendants wouldn’t say anything about them before the plane took off. I know of a lot of people who fly on planes more than 5 times a year and although they can tell you some of the instructions there are things that they just tuned out and never heard. This catches the passenger’s attention and makes them actually want to listen instead of making them feel like they have to listen.
    Breanne Zuziak

Rapping Flight Attendant Empty Re: Rapping Flight Attendant

Post  Breanne Zuziak Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:50 am

I watched the video and I thought it was very interesting. It actually kept my full attention and almost makes me want to fly southwest airlines now. =] I think that is a great way though to make people listen. I have flown to many places and after awhile I started to stop listening to what the flight attendant has to say. I should really listen though because you never know when some freak accident could happen and I might just not remember what I am supposed to do. He got people to listen by taking things to a whole new level. I give him props.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:24 am