English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Army Robots: Will Humans Still Be in Control?

ashleyoglesby

Army Robots: Will Humans Still Be in Control? Empty Army Robots: Will Humans Still Be in Control?

Post  ashleyoglesby Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:44 pm

The U.S. military has built a robot that can drive itself around and attack enemies on sight. This robot is to help the stop or slowing down the deaths of American soldiers. This robot is also helps with slowing down deportment of American Human soldiers. Experts say that the Iraq war is becoming a robotic war. I think this happening because every time some country builds a robot, another country has to build something that is bigger and better. It’s like a technology war in the Middle East. This war has been going on for 100 of years. Things like Russia builds bombs that can wipe out a city; the United States builds bombs that can wipe of a state… so forth. This is a war that would never end. Here is what I think that is the crazy part, the only time that people hear there is a new way to fight the enemy is when there is a actually war going on. I have a friend that is in the Army reserves, he said that the teams he works with always build guns and other machines to help fight against the enemy, and a lot of those machines are not even mention. Or they try to keep it out of the public. He also said that the robot was built about three years ago, and information is just now being release because it is ready to use. I am just hoping that it works correctly, and that means less people dying.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1884169,00.html?cnn=yes

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:49 pm