English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

should guns be allowed on college campuses

WillyAnderson

should guns be allowed on college campuses Empty should guns be allowed on college campuses

Post  WillyAnderson Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Sitting in class do you ever wonder if your school is one of them schools that could possibly be attacked by a gunman? I guess it has crossed my mind but sometimes I think about how it’s unimaginable to think about what I would do if it did happen, or what would even go through someone’s mind to even think about doing something like that let alone going through with such a terrible act. John Woods who is currently a student at the University of Texas has these thoughts, but because he’s was a student at Virginia Tech in 2007 when a gunman shot down many student and himself. Woods is one of many leaders that are fighting against a bill that will allow people with a concealed gun license to be able to carry their guns on school property. I personally would agree with woods that there shouldn’t be guns on or near a school of any level. When you have that many people in one area, there are many situations that could cause a hostile environment and guns would just cause more of a problem being around schools! Although people would have to go through many steps of criteria to be able to carry a weapon I still feel that it wouldn’t be safe. http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090329/Guns.on.Campus.Texas/
    Sethobrien

should guns be allowed on college campuses Empty Response to should guns be allowed

Post  Sethobrien Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:38 pm

I think that it would be a good idea for colleges and universities to ban bringing a gun on campus whether or not the owner has a permit or not. Having any weapon on property should be banned. I don’t think that there is any reason for a person to bring a gun with them to class, unless they were planning on harming someone with it. Even if they did ban having a weapon on campus, I think that people will still do carry them. I can’t imagine what would make a person want to always carry a weapon with them, but nothing in my life has ever made me want to carry a weapon. I hope nothing like what has happened at Virginia Tech. happens at Delta… I have not idea what I would do either.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 am