English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

5 posters

Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies

erikajunge

Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies Empty Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies

Post  erikajunge Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:22 pm

Prevention magazine on what’s making you sneeze and solutions to stop

This time of the year allergies are coming out and there no fun at all! According to this article approximately 35 million Americans deal with seasonal allergies. the list of sneeze-inducing culprits includes animal dander, mold, dust, and dust mites as well as pollen carried into your house from outside. They discussed the rooms within your house that carry the most allergy reactors and how to prevent that. Living room, bathroom, bedroom, and laundry room were the top 4 rooms. Frequently vaccumming your floor and even furniture along with tossing your pillows in the dryer will help prevent bugs. Dust your furniture in your room and frequntly change your pillow cases. After taking a shower hang up bathroom mats or clean them off. and in regards to the laundry room dont let wet clothes sit around, they are awesome homes for mold and bacteria.

All these common places are pretty self explanatory, but I deal with allergies and anyway possible I can find to prevent it helps!
    WillyAnderson

Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies Empty allergies "bug" me!

Post  WillyAnderson Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:49 pm

I too have allergies and they aren’t any fun. I actually had never had any problems with allergies until I moved to Michigan and then it all started. I have troubles in the fall when their cutting crops, because I live up in the thumb and it’s horrible. Spring is also hard too. I have found that things like dusting and keeping this up around the house has been very helpful too. Although I still have to take allergy medicine through the spring and fall. The only downfall is at times it can make me pretty tired. Hopefully these tips can help someone out with their struggle with allergies!
    CoryHearns

Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies Empty Re: Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies

Post  CoryHearns Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:17 pm

35 million people! Wow, that is a lot of people that have to deal with seasonal allergies! I am glad to know I’m not the only one…I too have pretty bad allergies but it seems to be more year-round that seasonal. From the cat I live with to a small amount of dust, I feel like I am constantly feeling bad. Always sneezing and itching my eyes and nose! When will it all come to an end? The article you found was very helpful. My mom always lets my clothes hang dry around the house and maybe that is what’s causing my allergies to act up more often lately. I should also vacuum my room a lot more. That might help.
    michellewalker

Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies Empty Allergies

Post  michellewalker Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Interesting article. I have a few minor seasonal allergies, mostly dust and mold, but I know at this time of year and in the fall, it can get pretty sneezy in the house. Oddly enough, my dog and my father's dog have an allergy that they both get in the spring and summer that makes them itch so bad that they have to be on steroids. Both of them will rub their faces on furniture until the rub the hair off their eyes. (It looks strange.) I have no proof, but I blame the insecticides that the farmers around our properties use. Whatever it is must be fairly common since the dogs are different breeds and live in different households. Neither one has ever had a flea problem either.
    tylerhenige

Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:06 am

Lucky me, I am one of the 35 million that have allergies and I live on a farm. When it comes time to harvest the crops, I find any shelter from the farm. When I start breathing that stuff in it is bad news for me. I don’t have that bad of allergies even, I take the over the counter Zyrtec every day, but that is it. It makes it difficult on me too, because my dad would like it if I could help around the farm more. But there really isn’t much I can do about it, I do what I can to help, when I can.

Sponsored content

Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies Empty Re: Ah-choo! 6 strange sources of allergies

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:18 am