English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Man goes on rampage and kills two sisters

dkerkau

Man goes on rampage and kills two sisters Empty Man goes on rampage and kills two sisters

Post  dkerkau Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Police were called to a house in Milton, MA by 17 year old Samantha Revelus stating that she had been severely stabbed mulitiple times by her brother and needed help. She was not able to stay on the phone with the 911 dispatcher due to her injuries she gave the phone to her 9 year old sister. It didn't take long for the police to arrive and rush into the home where they were surprised in horror as 23 year old Kerby Revelus held a knife to his 5 year old sister's neck and proceeded to cut her throat with such force that it decapitated her. During this whole time the grandmother was in the basement doing laundry and did not know that this was going on. Kerby then ran into the bedroom where Samantha and Sarafina were as the police surrounded the house and went from room to room to find him. Samantha was already dead on the floor while Sarafina laid next to her when Kerby started to attack her with the knife. Police then opened fired on Kerby killing him. No one knows why Kerby did this to his sisters, but he does have a history of domestic violence with another sister who was not home at the time of these slayings. Sarafina underwent two surgeries and is now home. All three siblings were laid to rest together. This is a very disturbing story to hear about and I cannot imagine what was going through that little girl's head when her big brother held a knife to her throat. As all little siblings they look up to their older brothers or sisters no matter what and how he could disregard her life like it was nothing. I am sure the grandmother will need some type of counseling to get through this more so because she was home when all this was going on and maybe he wouldn't have done it if she was present. In fact, all family members will need counseling to learn how to deal with this horrific loss. Even the police officers who witnessed the slaying of the little girl will never be able to get that image out of their head and will need some type of help.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/31/sibling.stabbings/index.html?iref=mpstoryview#cnnSTCVideo
    HeatherClayton

Man goes on rampage and kills two sisters Empty Re: Man goes on rampage and kills two sisters

Post  HeatherClayton Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Wow...this sounds so horrible. When I read the title I thought all of these kids were going to be like 40 or so...but not that young. I can't believe that he would think that it's okay to just kill your younger siblings, any sibling...any person for that matter. I completely frown upon people who kill other people and have no remorse. I was kind of hoping that they would have caught the guy and he would be rotting in prison and not dead. He doesn't deserve such an easy way out. I feel bad for the family though..that would would be extremely hard to accept. I feel bad mainly for the one sister that lived because she has to replay all of that in her head for the rest of her life.
    michellewalker

Man goes on rampage and kills two sisters Empty Unbelievable

Post  michellewalker Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:39 am

I know this was posted early this month, but I just got to read it. I must say, I cried. I cannot imagine what the family must be going through. The other sister that was not home had been previously attacked by the brother, but stated that she did not fear him? And how the grandmother must feel. I would not think that it would have mattered if she had been upstairs at the time, he probably would have attacked her as well. It reads as it he was simply in a rage and not thinking at all, otherwise I don't know how he could have done any of it. It is all just too horrible.

Sponsored content

Man goes on rampage and kills two sisters Empty Re: Man goes on rampage and kills two sisters

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am