English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting

Sethobrien

Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting Empty Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting

Post  Sethobrien Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:22 pm

Robert Stewart, a 45 year old man allegedly went into a nursing home at 10am Sunday morning and killed seven residents and a nurse. The man is said to have no relation to anyone in the nursing home. It is unknown as to why he killed any of the people that died. The rampage ended after Stewart was shot by police in which he is still in the hospital where his condition is unknown. I do not understand why anyone would want to kill an elderly person or a complete stranger. Most of the new stories that I have heard about where murder is involved, it is usually with people that know each other. It just doesn’t make any sense to me. I would hate to have my grandmother or grandfather in a nursing home and have a stranger come in and murder either one of them. Maybe this incidence will lead to more security at nursing homes. I know at one of the elderly apartment buildings in Bay City, you have to be buzzed in by a resident to get in the door, or you have to have a key. Maybe more places should be doing this. I just know that this is not a good sign of where the world is headed.Check it out
    pamelanadzan

Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting Empty man kills 8 in nursing home

Post  pamelanadzan Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 pm

This is a very sad story. The world is getting pretty crazy out there. People are killing innocent people for revenge or just for fun for that matter. Others cheat on their spouses and molest young children. This is why I am really interested in the field of sociology, because I want to make a difference in the world. I want to help the oppressed as many of you probably do. There isn’t much that one person can do, though. We can talk about all of the evil in the world, but it is difficult to know what to do or where to begin. When I first started going back to school I had not a clue what to do, but God has been opening doors left and right. I think that is our only hope and the only answer. It is only by the grace of God that things will get any better.
    TerynSwan

Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting Empty man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting

Post  TerynSwan Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 pm

This is completely unreal to me. I could never imagine myself hurting someone in general, let a lone someone that I dont know. These people did nothing wrong and all of the elderly people are in there, because they could no longer live on there own for one reason or another. We are learning about these kinds of things in my psychology class right now. We look at why suicide bombers do what they do. There has to be one reason or another why this man did this, but even if there are answers as to why he did this but i still cant consider this right for any reason.
    tsugden

Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting Empty Re: Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting

Post  tsugden Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:32 pm

I cant believe somebody would just randomly kill people. No motive or anything. I wonder if this man was on some sort of medication or illegal drugs maybe? It seems to random for him not to be. I think we will definetly be seeing more and more security because of this, which isn't a bad thing just sad that it has to come to that. I think a lot of people are under a lot of pressure and get pushed to extremes that they shouldn't be because of the current economical situation.

Sponsored content

Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting Empty Re: Man kills 8 people in nursing home shooting

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 am