English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

5 posters

purple house irks neighbors

TerynSwan

purple house irks neighbors Empty purple house irks neighbors

Post  TerynSwan Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:16 pm

I think that someone making there house purple is hilarious. We have a lot of interesting looking houses in Midland, so for this to be an issue to neighbors is very funny to me. The neighbors all stated that the house was just plain tacky and that they were very angry because instead of people noticing how nice their own houses are, instead people are noticing the purple house that sticks out like a sore thumb. It almost seems like these people are jealous of the attention that this house is getting which is kinda crazy to say that your jealous over a house. People were even going so far as to say that this purple house is causing there houses to go down in value. This doesn't really make any sense to me, because it's not like an ugly color of purple. It's actually a pretty color. It's not a color I would want to go crazy and paint my house but it doesn't make the neighborhood look bad by having it that color. It looks like a nice house that fits with the rest of the houses of the area. My feeling on this whole issue is that its his house and he can do whatever he wants with it including painting it whatever color he wants. The people in this neighborhood are even trying to get a bill passed that says that he has to repaint the house a different color. Which again I say is just plain crazy!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/04/13/pkg.big.purple.garage.komo
    CoryHearns

purple house irks neighbors Empty Re: purple house irks neighbors

Post  CoryHearns Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:15 am

Those people in the video were ridiculous they have no right to be so upset because someone decided to paint their house purple. The only thing I don’t get is why the people who own the purple house are hardly home. Seems like if you put the effort to have an interesting house you would want to have some time to spend in the house. But the case remains that you should be allowed to paint your house any way that you feel like. If they wanted to paint their house with zebra stripes you should be able to and your neighbors can just learn to deal with it.
    HeatherClayton

purple house irks neighbors Empty Purple house

Post  HeatherClayton Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:18 am

I think it's so stupid that these people are reacting this way to something as little as a purple house next door. All they are doing is wasting their energy on something that isn't going to change. Down the road from me there is a house that is tan but has bright blue and green painting on the shutters and poles...I don't care the least bit...I wonder where they came up with the idea but it doesn't interfere with my day. They are trying to get a tax cut to save money...I'm pretty sure that is the main reason they are doing this. It's ridiculous for so many people to even think up such a thing as a tax cut for living next to a purple building.
    reneeczekai

Post  reneeczekai Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:20 pm

This is really dumb. People are upset over a color of a house. I don't think that the value of their houses would go down because of the purple house. It's just a color. People are making a big deal about it when it should even matter to them because it really isn't their business what the owner of houses should be able to do anything to it. People should be more concerned about more important things that are going on in this country beside a color of a house.
    erikajunge

Post  erikajunge Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:30 am

yea this is pretty dumb. I guess i would have to personally see the neighborhood that this purple house is sitting in. If it's located in highly priced well put area then i could possibly understand why the neighbors are getting so upset. But it is a little redicuolous that their trying to get some kind of a bill passed! I mean if it's such a big deal, all the angry neighbors and the purple house owner should come to some kind of an agreement and all help paint his house a more suitable color that everybody can agree on!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:11 am