English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Woman checks Webcam; sees her house robbed

erikajunge

Woman checks Webcam; sees her house robbed Empty Woman checks Webcam; sees her house robbed

Post  erikajunge Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Eighteen officers arrived and surrounded the house several minutes later

In Boynton Beach, Florida a woman logged onto her computer at work to check her $250 security webcams stationed all over her house. While checking she discovered 4 people in and robbing her house. Within minutes she called the cops and eventually got 18 police over to surround her house. Officers arrested four 20 year old men, and one 19 year old. After seeing her burglurers the woman knew one of the boys since he was eight years old.

Although it's not good that this woman got her house broken into, by having such a nice security system that even allows you the opportunity to check your cameras on any camera is a great idea. What i was confused or wondering though was, if this alarm system is so great then why didn't the alarms go off when these intruders came inside? Unless it was just cameras she had set around her house, and not exactly an alarm system.... either way it was a great miracle she logged onto her computer system at the time that she did!
    dkerkau

Woman checks Webcam; sees her house robbed Empty Re: Woman checks Webcam; sees her house robbed

Post  dkerkau Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:58 pm

That is incredible that she was on her computer at the right time. It is also a shame that she knew one of the boys since he was a little kid. I have heard that these web cameras do also include security systems that you strategically place all over that once someone breaks in and crosses in front of the sensor an alarm goes off. Also, once the alarm is triggered a call will be placed to who ever you put on the call list, i.e, yourself, neighbor siblings, police. She may not have had the alarm set when she left for work that day for the alarm not to go off when the intruders entered her house. This is definitely one of those things you can say she was at the right place at the right time. I am sure she is thankful she wasn't home when the broke in... who knows what may have happened then.
    Sethobrien

Woman checks Webcam; sees her house robbed Empty Response to web cam security

Post  Sethobrien Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 am

She is really lucky that she spent the money that she did to get the cameras put in. She must make a lot of money though. I wonder if she forgot to set her normal alarm and that is why she checked the cameras. That would be a horrible coincidence if she did forget to set them one day and that is the day that someone broke in. I guess that with how bad the economy is, people are resorting to stealing to make some money. She is very lucky, and it is good that no one was hurt through the robbery. Maybe next time someone thinks about getting a security system, they will think of this as an example as to why they should get one.

Sponsored content

Woman checks Webcam; sees her house robbed Empty Re: Woman checks Webcam; sees her house robbed

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:23 am