English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

'Craigslist Killer' Revealed

reneeczekai

'Craigslist Killer' Revealed Empty 'Craigslist Killer' Revealed

Post  reneeczekai Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Police in Warwick, Rhode Island, say an attempted robbery of a woman Thursday night at a hotel may be linked to the killing at an upscale Boston hotel of a woman who had advertised massage services on the popular web site. Warwick police say a 26-year-old woman who also advertised services on Craigslist was tied up by a cord and held at gunpoint. The suspect fled when the woman's husband arrived. The description of the suspect matches that of a "person of interest" wanted for questioning in the fatal shooting of 26-year-old Julissa Brisman at the Marriott Copley Place in Boston on Tuesday night. The Boston Herald says "police as saying the woman in Rhode Island was offering private dances on Craigslist." The Boston Globe says the "person of interest" was photographed on a security camera leaving the Boston hotel at the time of the killing. Boston police also say the killer may have been involved in yet another incident, this one involving a robbery last week of a Las Vegas woman at the city's Westin Copley Hotel, according to the Associated Press. All three women were advertising services on Craigslist that led to liaisons at the hotel rooms, police say. 'Craigslist Killer' Revealed
    HeatherClayton

'Craigslist Killer' Revealed Empty Re: 'Craigslist Killer' Revealed

Post  HeatherClayton Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Wow...I use craigslist a lot but I never thought something like that would happen from the site Those women who advertised on craigslist kind of put themselves in a bad position in the first place. It says right in the rules of the site that these kinds of things are not allowed. I was surprised at first but when I read the rest of your posting I wasn't as shocked because these women should know how things like this can get around if you post them on such a huge site like craigslist and they should have known that they were putting themselves in danger. It's just crazy that this guy actually found them...I'm wondering if they gave their addresses or phone numbers...then they would be easily found. This guy does need to be caught but either way those women should be blamed a little too. I'm not saying that the man had any right at all to go and kill people but he probably wouldnt have killed them or tried to kill them if they wouldnt have advertised the way they did.
    dkerkau

Post  dkerkau Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:11 pm

First of all I really don't know what "Craiglist" is, but it seems like it is something that you can advertise things to sell. Obviously, these woman were trying to drum up business for massages or whatever else that they are advertising. Of course, it is not safe, especially for woman to post such advertisements and if they used their addresses or some type of an address and this guy pretended to what their services and met up with them, is crazy. Yes, these woman should not have advertised that, but that does not mean it is okay for someone to rob or kill them. I also don't believe that these woman should be blamed for what he did. Just like girls in bars hanging out with guys and they get the wrong idea, bottom line is no means no I don't care what they wear or advertise it doesn't always mean that they want sex, being robbed, assaulted or even killed. It was this guys decision to do what he did and no one could have influenced him otherwise. He chose to do it and I hope they catch him before he hurts another victim.
    brandonking01

'Craigslist Killer' Revealed Empty craigslist

Post  brandonking01 Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:00 pm

I really hate to be the one who says this but those women put themselves in that position. Because they are prostitutes! I don’t feel in any way that they deserved to die or get beat or robbed, but being a hooker greatly increases your chance of that happening to you, just like surfers have a higher rate of getting attacked by a shark over someone who has never been in the ocean. Has anyone even read some of the stuff on craigslist, I mean these girls are descriptive. Next thing you know you will be able to order illegal drugs, guns and nuclear weapons via internet. I think that craigslist needs to do a better job at cleaning up there site, it’s a public website and we don’t need children knowing where they can get hookers!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content