English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Arizona serial shooting

pamelanadzan

Arizona serial shooting Empty Arizona serial shooting

Post  pamelanadzan Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Dale Hausner, of Pheonix Arizona, is the main suspect of the area’s Serial Shooter attacks from 2005 to 2006. The prosecutors will begin to push for the death penalty on March 23. 2009. Many are relieved as victim Tony Long puts it to get “something bad off the streets.” Mr. Long still has 30 shotgun pellets from being shot while walking by Dale Hausner. Mr. Hausner is being charged with 6 first degree murder charges, 18 attempted first degree murder charges, and a host of other charges, including animal cruelty charges. He attacked people from his car and was accompanied by his brother Jeff Hausner and his roommate Samuel Dieteman. Both Jeff Hausner and Samuel Dieteman have pleaded guilty to other violent crimes that involved shooting or stabbing unknown victims. Drinking buddy, Ron Horton, turned them in when they bragged about “RVing” or Random Recreational Violence. Hausner, who was a fan of serial killers Jeffrey Daumer and Charles Starkweather, kept news articles as trophies and shot his victims for fame and recognition. I think that it’s really scary that there are people out there like this. I’m not sure if I believe in the death penalty, but there are exceptions to everything. In this case I believe that these guys are truly evil. They take pleasure in killing. God help us if they ever become free again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090314/ap_on_re_us/serial_shootings_16

Last edited by pamelanadzan on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add website)
    michellewalker

Arizona serial shooting Empty Serial Killer

Post  michellewalker Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:14 pm

The crimes this man committed are horrific. That he idolized serial killers and took pleasure in random killings is unfathomable. I do not feel that the death penaly is out of line in a case such as these. That said however, there is an appelate system in place that will allow him to continue to get the publicity that he desires so much.

It is sad that he is still getting pleasure from the pain he has brought to so many.
    Breanne Zuziak

Arizona serial shooting Empty Re: Arizona serial shooting

Post  Breanne Zuziak Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:42 am

When stuff like this happens it makes me wonder what is going through the persons head and what would make them want to do such horrible things. I don’t understand how killing someone and then reading about it in the newspaper, then cutting out the news articles like trophies can give a person so much pleasure. I agree that the death penalty should be put into play on this account. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and this man was proven guilty. His time to shine is now and it needs to be because he is going on death penalty. He has no excuse for killing innocent people.

Sponsored content

Arizona serial shooting Empty Re: Arizona serial shooting

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:04 pm