English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Kid Arrested For Mentioning Bill Of Rights

CoryHearns

Kid Arrested For Mentioning Bill Of Rights Empty Kid Arrested For Mentioning Bill Of Rights

Post  CoryHearns Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:03 pm

I found this video on the natural news website and I thought it was really interesting to hear this story from the point of view of the person involved. A lot of times people get on their webcam and talk about stuff that isn’t very relevant or interesting but this kid had a story to tell and it made me upset to hear how he was treated. He says he was told to shut up over and over again by the school authorities for just questioning why he was in trouble and actually got the police called on him. I think it is scary that something so meaningless and stupid could actually get the authorities attention. He says the police officer actually wanted to put him in handcuffs but I couldn’t see any real cause for him to be put under that situation. People, especially fourteen year old students should not be silenced in such a way. There was obviously some misunderstanding between the kid and the school officials that could have been handled intelligently and without the calling in of police officers. I don’t have the other side of the story but I believe the kid that this could happen because I know how people in power act. They don’t seem to care about people’s rights and will do anything in their power to just silence opposition. I think this school should be held accountable and get into some sort of trouble for this situation, but they wont because it’s a kid’s word against adults. At least there are ways for the opinion of this boy to get heard by more people so hopefully he can get some retribution for the punishment he received for not even breaking any laws.

http://www.naturalnews.com/023379.html
    WillyAnderson

Kid Arrested For Mentioning Bill Of Rights Empty Re: Kid Arrested For Mentioning Bill Of Rights

Post  WillyAnderson Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:17 am

WOW! I watched this video and it was awesome, because of a few reasons. One the kid has obviously learned what his rights are, about how our country is such things like dictatorships, ECT. So he is pretty smart for a 14 year old and you can tell he has definitely learned in his government class or history so that’s great. Two I think that it’s great he’s stood up for himself, if it was indeed a situation exactly how he explained he was in every right to act the way he did. Hopefully they get this worked out and he gets an apology for the way they spoke to him.
    Sethobrien

Kid Arrested For Mentioning Bill Of Rights Empty Response

Post  Sethobrien Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:54 pm

I think that it is a very touchy subject to talk about when people are using legislation to try and avoid trouble. I know that a lot of kids are not taken as serious as they should be, but I also know that kids can smart alics. If we let kids use legislation like this kid is then I think that other Americans are going to loose some of thier rights. The kid should not have been taken away by the police, and should not have been told to shut up. He should have been told that he can have an opinion, but that he did not need to voice it in the way that he did. They should have told him that he was disrupting class and infringing on the rights of the other students by acting out in the way that he was. It is okay for him to give his opinion, but it is not okay for him to have acted the way that he did. On the other hand the "superior" individuals of the establishment should not have silenced him in the way they did, and they should not have called in the police in the way they did. There was a better way to handle the situation, but both individuals are at fault for the incidence.

Sponsored content

Kid Arrested For Mentioning Bill Of Rights Empty Re: Kid Arrested For Mentioning Bill Of Rights

Post  Sponsored content