English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel'

Breanne Zuziak

Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel' Empty Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel'

Post  Breanne Zuziak Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:28 pm

Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel'

Something a little out of the ordinary happened in Frankenmuth this past weekend on Saturday, February 7th. An eighteen month old tot fell out of an open third floor window at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. Aerieana is said to be a “miracle angel.” She fell an estimated distance of twenty to twenty five feet and managed to not harm her spinal cord or neck. They have not released information on Aerieana’s condition but some authorities reported a measurable improvement which is good to hear. The manager of the Bavarian Inn, Jim Engel was working that day and went to visit Aerieana in the hospital on Sunday. He made a comment to the paper that, "We all have children. When something like this happens, you feel it so deeply within yourself. When you see a small child ... it hits you right to the soul." I thought that was very nice of him and that many people do not do things like that now days. I am also glad to hear that the little girl is doing better but my biggest question though is how and why did this little girl fall out of the window? It was nice out on Saturday compared to what the weather has been, but not that nice to have the window open. Where was her mother or the reported grandparents that were there too? You would like to think that they would have been paying a little closer attention to the eighteen month old. This lack of responsibility displayed is not only disappointing but also extremely tragic.
    WillyAnderson

Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel' Empty Very Lucky!

Post  WillyAnderson Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:00 pm

I also agree with questioning where the parents and grandparents where at? I mean at that age, really they shouldn’t be left unattended at any point in time and not for any length of time. I guess without being there I can’t really put blame on anyone, but it is a huge thought when reading this. It is amazing that she didn’t have any major problems, that is a huge amount to be falling with impact and whatnot. The one thing that she might have on her side is that she is little and most of the time kids can recover rather well. It’s just good to know she’s okay. I would also have to agree that the manager was worried more about her health, rather than the business side of things!
    dianekerkau

Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel' Empty Re: Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel'

Post  dianekerkau Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:38 pm

I would have to say that little girl had an angel watching over her. This could have ended so horribly, but she is definitely a miracle girl. What I don't understand after reading and/or hearing about this story on the news was where were her parents or any adult supervision? This little girl should never have been left alone and the fact that she was able to climb up to the window opening is also concerning. I am also surprised that they were able to even open the window because most hotels you can't for this exact reason. I think they should possibly look into locking windows or putting some type of device that the window cannot open all the way to prevent this from happening again.

Sponsored content

Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel' Empty Re: Family calls toddler who fell out a Frankenmuth hotel window its 'miracle angel'

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:58 pm