English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering

Breanne Zuziak

5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering Empty 5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering

Post  Breanne Zuziak Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:22 pm

5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering

At a family gathering a man shot four people to death early Sunday (today) morning and then went home and killed himself. The shooting took place in Miami, Florida. Shortly after midnight officers got a phone call that numerous shots had been fired and there was a red pickup truck that had been spotted leaving the scene. By the time the cops got there they arrived to four bodies. Before long, someone ended up calling 911 to inform the cops that about three miles away there was a building on fire and more shots had been heard. The alleged gunman was found there dead. The names of the victims have not been released due to the fact that family members have not been notified yet. “…The man’s wife and her son had lived with him at some point, but he didn’t know if they were still living there.” It is thought that the man may have been upset because his wife and left him, according to the Miami Police Department’s homicide division. I would admit that if my spouse had left me I probably would not be in the best state of mind. I could not imagine being very happy. Even though I would not be happy I could not imagine taking the lives of four innocent people and then my own. It is a sad story because things like this happen all too often and you just wish that someone would have realized how depressed this man was and tried to get him some help. I do suppose though many people think there is nothing wrong with them and I do not want to receive help anyways.
    pamelanadzan

5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering Empty Shooting at a family gathering

Post  pamelanadzan Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:28 am

Things like this are happening more and more. Infidelity and divorce can devastate a person so much that they sometimes just snap and do something crazy like this. I think that more needs to be done to repair broken relationships and to keep families together. I also still believe that all of these violent T.V. shows are teaching people to resort to this type of violence. Something should be done about what people are watching. We need more family programming that shows how to get along and how a family should act and less programming that shows how to murder someone. The government needs to have more programs aimed at premarital and marital counseling. Then, most importantly, people need to get back to seeking God for help, because without Him it will only get worse. II Chronicles says that if people pray and seek Him he will heal their land. That is what we need to do!
    courtniesanmiguel

5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering Empty Re: 5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering

Post  courtniesanmiguel Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 pm

It is really sad that a family gather could end like that since whenever I have a family gathering I want it to end happy, not sad. It would be really horrible if a tragedy like this happened in my family, I don’t know what I would do if anyone in my family got murdered. You are right that things like this happen all the time and sometimes family members don’t ever find out what happened and aren’t able to be at peace with what happened. I did not see this article when ever I was searching. I don’t have cable or anything so I don’t get caught up on the news except on here.
    tylerhenige

5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:46 pm

This is a problem that the world has. People think they have to right to take another life. That man who killed 4 innocent defenseless people is a terrible person. I don’t care what they did to you; you have no right to end their lives. I honestly do not know what we can do to stop violence. I guess having less violent movies, video games, and things like that would maybe reduce violence. But other than that what can we do. If a human being wants to hurt another human being what can stop them….nothing. That’s just the way it is.

Sponsored content

5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering Empty Re: 5 Dead After Shooting at Family Gathering

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:35 pm