English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Researchers: Global warming dangers increase

erikajunge

Researchers: Global warming dangers increase Empty Researchers: Global warming dangers increase

Post  erikajunge Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Climate experts cite more extreme weather, risks to plants and animals

New studies are being shown that the previous expected wait for extreme global warming effects are now starting to happen quicker then expected, also increasing risks for plants and animals. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicts a rise of between 1.8 degrees fahrenheit and 3.6 degrees fahrenheit.This in return increases the risk for drought,floods,wildfire and heat waves. Naturally conclusions are pointing at the reason being due to all the human activity. The increased carbon emissions from plants and factories. The new study also showed that the ones most vulnerable for increased climate change are the poor and elderly.

Since i did my research journal on global warming I thought this article would be pretty interesting and beneficial for my research. I dont really think though that this 'new study' shows anything different then previous studies. The expected increase of temperatures changed slightly, but it's pretty obvious that the reason for this is because of all the human activity. Besides that, what else would be making such a huge difference on the temperature of the world. It's something people dont want to think about or notice, but it will be pretty scary when intense droughts, flooding, and wild fires will continue to happen..

study
    tylerhenige

Researchers: Global warming dangers increase Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:29 am

Global warming is a problem that needs to be faced sooner rather than later. Since the cause for global warming is human activity, I believe it is obvious that humans need to find a solution. Granted, I am sure that there is no easy fix or it would have been done by now. But the longer we wait to fix our ways, the more damage we will have to fix. Weather patterns and other environmental subjects seem to be changing do to global warming. Is it just me, or does it seem that Michigan is starting to see the weather extremes. Hotter summers, colder winters (with more snow). This is not a good sign.
    brandonking01

Researchers: Global warming dangers increase Empty global warming

Post  brandonking01 Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:33 pm

I believe that global warming and pollution is a problem. The problem with it is that a large amount of people don’t even look as far ahead as next week, so they sure don’t care about a hundred years from now. I think it should be a law to recycle. I also think that every country should have stricter emission laws for vehicles. Another thing is that automobile makers should not even be able to produce cars that have a low emission rating. Another form of pollution is smog from industrial and production companies they should have a stricter pollution standards as well.

Sponsored content

Researchers: Global warming dangers increase Empty Re: Researchers: Global warming dangers increase

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:49 am