English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

5 posters

Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter

brandonking01

Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter Empty Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter

Post  brandonking01 Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:20 pm

In California on Thursday a man was got away from the cops for an alleged robbery in the state of Washington. Big deal right, I mean robberies happen all the time right? Well yes, but this man had his 9 year old daughter right next to him at the counter. The man was nearly caught but fled from police leaving his daughter behind. After that the man was quickly identified as Robert Daniel Webb. The video surveillance showed the man pointing a gun at the man behind the counter. He only got away with 200 dollars. The man also has warrants for armed robbery and some other unrelated warrants in California. He was heard talking about how bad the economy was in the surveillance tape. Police are still on the lookout for this man. I cannot believe some people. This guy had warrants out and was just moving from state to state with his daughter, while possessing a firearm, one that probably is not legal. What is going on with people? All these crazy robberies and mass murders are getting out of control. I think that with our declining economy we might see more of these types of crimes. I guess when people get down on their luck they just get stupid. You would think with all the advantages our country has that we would have less crime. I mean I see people with food stamps in the grocery store that have shrimp and lobster in their basket while I am eating ramen noodles. I see people getting free medical insurance that I don’t qualify for, nor can afford my own, but I am not robbing liquor stores. IT’S RIDICULUS!

9 year old watches dad comitt robery
    pamelanadzan

Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter Empty Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter

Post  pamelanadzan Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:52 pm

I think that this man was just teaching his daughter some lessons here. She was just in training. I was being funny but the truth is he is teaching his daughter. And if they don’t get that little girl away from her father and get her some help she will grow up to be the same way. She will probably blame society for treating her father unfairly also. Here again you may ask what this world is coming to and I say it is because of a lack of morals and a pulling away from God. Church attendance has fallen from 28.8% in 1982 to 18.7% in 2006, and according to pew social trends those who attend church are much happier. I have found that to be true. When my daughter was born with multiple birth defects and was in the ICU after her transplant surgery, the two mothers that were the happiest and worry free were Christians.

http://pewsocialtrends.org/pubs/?chartid=37
    TerynSwan

Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter Empty man robs store with 9 year old daughter

Post  TerynSwan Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Wow this is really unbelievable to me how crazy people really are. You would think that with him being her father that he would do anything in his power to keep her safe. Obviously if he pulls a gun out, the guy behind the counter is going to pull one out to if he has one. Or maybe even someone else that's in the store. I think that with the economy being as bad as it is, people are going to extremes to get money. This guy put his daughter's life in danger for 200 dollars. Not only did he put her life in danger, but he left her behind when he was trying to get away from the police. That's a great dad for ya!!!
    courtniesanmiguel

Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter Empty Re: Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter

Post  courtniesanmiguel Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 pm

I agree with Pamela’s comment. I have a nine year old sister and she watches everyone and everything that is going on around her. She is constantly copying me or the television or her teacher but she especially looks up to our mom and dad! This is one of the craziest things I have heard all week and also one of the saddest things! I really want to know what happened to the daughter…Hopefully the police took her away from that situation and into a better home. Where is this little girls mother anyways? I have a big family and no matter how bad our money situation ever was we always seemed to manage without robbing or stealing.
    reneeczekai

Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter Empty Re: Man Robs Store With 9 Year Old Daughter

Post  reneeczekai Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:07 pm

I just don't understand people these days. Yes, I understand that our economy is declining but you just can't go ahead and start robbing placing and especially you don't take your nine year old daughter with you. This guy is crazy he put his daughter in danger for just $200 and they are still trying to track him down. I feel bad for his little girls because she is going through this and who knows she might think that her father is doing nothing wrong in her eyes but in everybody else it is wrong. So who knows if she will soon understand that you just don't do that. Hopefully she does.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:18 am