English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Obama goes from comfy sofa to hot seat

brandonking01

Obama goes from comfy sofa to hot seat Empty Obama goes from comfy sofa to hot seat

Post  brandonking01 Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Obama goes from comfy sofa to hot seat.
    The President is using television differently than others before him and some people say that it might be backfiring in his face. Last week he appeared on The Tonight Show and 60 Minutes. He also has been involved in putting a handicap in college basketball. I mean for real what is really going on here, college basketball? In my opinion he needs to be more focused on real issues. He also made some rude comments on the Tonight Show. He made a negative comment about the Special Olympics and also about Simon from American Idol. I find it hard to decide whether Obama is going to be a good president or a bad one. Some of his policies are great, and some are so off the wall. I can understand he is new at being president, but how are you going to make an R statement on national television? You would think that of all people that he would be the last person to make a statement like that. I feel that he should have never even been on the Tonight Show to begin with. I do not think that a president should be out cracking jokes on national television. He should be figuring out how to deal with our economy and companies like AIG.

Obama goes from comfy sofa to hot seat
    ashleyoglesby

Obama goes from comfy sofa to hot seat Empty Re: Obama goes from comfy sofa to hot seat

Post  ashleyoglesby Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:34 pm

I understand what you mean Brandon, we put this man in office to do his job as chief of commander, and he is having fun. They are people out there that still don’t have a job, and there are students out there that need finical Aid for college and he is playing around. I do understand that people need a little free time from work. But why does he need to be on T.V. , and have fun. There are people over in Iraq that is waiting to come home and see their family. I think Obama needs to step up his game and do his job.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:09 pm