English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Stakes are huge for Obama and Nation

brandonking01

Stakes are huge for Obama and Nation Empty Stakes are huge for Obama and Nation

Post  brandonking01 Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 am

Stakes are huge for Obama and nation

President Obama announced last week in Florida that if our government’s new stimulus plan does not work that we will have a new a new president. What is that supposed to mean? It’s not exact what he really means by that statement, but he seems absolutely positive about his plan, or he wouldn’t have said that. Or would he?  In the past, presidents have made false or untrue statements. Take Bill Clinton for example. He claimed he did not have sexual relations with Ms. Lewinski, when later reports he just had oral. So I do not think that President Obama means that he will resign if this does not work. However, I do believe that he is cocky. He may be a little bit too arrogant for my vote, but I sure do hope his plan works. In economics, the liberal or democratic view on government spending is that it is key in boosting our economy. Whereas republican views on our economy is that it has little to do with government spending and a whole lot to do with decreasing taxes, mostly for businesses and upper and middle class. Republicans believe if you decrease taxes for the businesses and wealthier Americans, than they will have more money to invest. They believe that they will use that money to create jobs for the lower and middle class. To some extent I agree with the republicans, if EVERYONES taxes were lowered than we might all have extra money to put forth into our economy. But if you do it for our wealthy citizens I believe it’s only fair to take care of the small guys like me. Stakes are huge for Obama and nation

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:03 am