English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Flint Sunoco Station Robbed, Firebombed

ashleyoglesby

Flint Sunoco Station Robbed, Firebombed Empty Flint Sunoco Station Robbed, Firebombed

Post  ashleyoglesby Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:40 pm

This story caught my attention because my friend works at a gas station in Flint, Michigan. All I can think about was she alright. Because I was talking to her that night and she had told me that she was cleaning up a mess, because one of the coolers was too cold and everything in it had bust. When my mom called me at school my heart was racing. All I can think about is my friend was in danger. I went back to class and I was shaking. My mom did not get me enough information. When I got out of class, I called my friend six times. She is did not answer the phone. I was even more scared. So I called her mother, she told me that she was ok. But come to find out that it was not her, what happen was a lady had got robbed at Sunoco Gas station. Then when the robbers had left they throw some type of bomb in the store. The police do not know what time of bomb it was yet, but it is getting investigated. I am just happy that the lady did not suffer any life threaten injuries, that is always a plus for me. I hope the police find those guys. Because I think that was very wrong for what they did to that lady and her family. I know that times are hard, but don’t put people in danger just to make a dollar, the time is not worth it.

http://www.wnem.com/news/18992127/detail.html
    Breanne Zuziak

Flint Sunoco Station Robbed, Firebombed Empty Re: Flint Sunoco Station Robbed, Firebombed

Post  Breanne Zuziak Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:36 pm

That is so scary to be in a situation like that. I know if I were you I’d be a nervous wreck too. I have also been in a situation where I could not get a hold of a friend and we thought something very terrible had happened to him. He was in Florida at the time and I was here. There was nothing I could do and I felt so helpless. People are so cruel now-a-days. Not only do they have to rob a gas station but they have to throw some type of bombs in the store so they can possibly injury or kill someone all because they are greedy. I am glad to hear it wasn’t your friend but my condolences go out to the lady that was working.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:07 am