English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

Death of 68 pets results in probation for man

erikajunge

Death of 68 pets results in probation for man Empty Death of 68 pets results in probation for man

Post  erikajunge Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Judge doesn’t agree with prosecutor that 364 days in jail is called for

In New Jersey a house was found by a contractor with 68 dead animal remains. Piles of bones and fur that could have been a ferret or two were on the floor. In the freezer, wrapped in seperate towels, then tucked away in zip-lock bags, were the bodies of 28 kittens. All these animals were found in the home of Matthew and Amanda Teymant who had abandoned the house 7 months previous to the finding. Supposidly they were too overwhelmed to take care of all these animals after the birth of their 2 sons. Both of them were sentenced with 100 hours of community service, no jail time served, and they arn't allowed to be near animals anymore.
    This whole situaion is really messed up. I would understand being too overwhelmed to tend to so many animals after having a baby, but they did more then just abandon the house. Someone had to have wrapped those kittens all up and froze them, and that's really sad! Why would somebody do that, or even be able too without ever calling animal control or something.
    ashleyoglesby

Death of 68 pets results in probation for man Empty Re: Death of 68 pets results in probation for man

Post  ashleyoglesby Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm

I understand how you feel because that is like cruel to animals. I was always thought to treat an animal like it was a person. But you know what the old saying is what goes around comes around. In what right mind was these people thinking. I am kind of mad at the fact that these people did not get jail time. I feel that they should have severed at least a year or so in jail. I feel very sad for those animals. The little kittens could have had a great family to live with, or a kid to play with. I understand that is hard times but come on its not the animals fought.
    michellewalker

Death of 68 pets results in probation for man Empty 68 pets found dead

Post  michellewalker Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:27 pm

To me this is just unforgivable. I understand that people get overwhelmed with everything in their lives, but this is insensible. If the couple were unable to care for the animals, they sould have called to humane society and had the animals collected and cared for. The man had been a volunteer and worked with animals, so I do not believe that he would not have known that this was a possiblilty. I also question what mother would keep children in a house with dead and dying animals. There should be some serious inquiries into their ability to safely parent as well. When I read the article, I was astonished to read that many animals were inside their cages and had to be extracted from the wires with wire cutters. This is beyond cruel to allow animals to apparently starve to death in their cages. The amount of pain and suffering the animals had to have suffered is unimaginable.
    WillyAnderson

Death of 68 pets results in probation for man Empty Re: Death of 68 pets results in probation for man

Post  WillyAnderson Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 pm

Okay so this is extremely out of hand, my first thought was what in the world would one family do with 68 pets? I have known many people who are animal lovers who don’t have that many house pets so I can’t imagine how these people got that many and what made them think they could take care of them it’s ridiculous. I think they should have gotten a harsher sentence. It is terrible that they could just abandon these helpless animals and not think twice about it I know my conscious would eat me alive if I did something like that. Let’s just pray they are better to their children!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 am