English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Man, 93, Freezes to Death in Home

Breanne Zuziak

Man, 93, Freezes to Death in Home Empty Man, 93, Freezes to Death in Home

Post  Breanne Zuziak Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Man, 93, Freezes to Death in Home
    The first I heard of this story was this past weekend in the car with my friend on our way up north to go skiing. She told me about the 93 year old man who froze to death in his house in Michigan. After we had a discussion about it, I knew that I was going to find more information about it and that it would be the story I’d choose to right about this week. For the small town of Bay City, Michigan to finally make headline news, you would hope it would be something exciting and neat about the city. Instead if I lived elsewhere and read this, it would make me want to never live in the town. I understand that the economy is tight and every business owner wants there money but I completely feel as if they were in the wrong. We all live in Michigan and are experiencing this ridiculous weather, I couldn’t even imagine being able to put a hold on a person’s heat during this time of year. Even worse to a single 93-year old man who is a war veteran. I do feel that the Bay City Electric Light & Power’s policies should be reviewed because I feel that there should be another way they could go about getting their money then turning off the people’s heat in this frigid weather. The said thing is that the money was found clipped to the bill to be paid. In my person opinion Bay City Electric Light & Power’s company are the ones with cold hearts this winter.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:25 pm