English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Michigan State Spartans

tylerhenige

Michigan State Spartans Empty Michigan State Spartans

Post  tylerhenige Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:58 am

A hoops stimulus: Spartans come home bearing gift

It is the new stimulus bill, but this one isn’t coming from Washington D.C. This stimulus bill is coming from Tom Izzo? How can Tom Izzo make a stimulus bill? Well, it is really simple actually. Tom Izzo and his underdog Michigan State Spartans are in the biggest tournament in the country. And that tournament is in their home state of Michigan. Michigan needs this boost in their economy right now. Michigan has one of the highest or has the highest unemployment rate. The big three auto makers are struggling to make it through this difficult economic time. So Tom Izzo is giving this state something to cheer for. Ford Field which seats about 72,000 people will most likely be packed to the ceiling for our Michigan State Spartans. I’m not a Spartan fan but they have me on their bandwagon this year because our state needs them. The Michigan State Spartans are going to boost our economy in a variety of ways. Restaurants around the stadium are going to get a big boost. Hotels and lodging are going to be overwhelmed with fans that are going to attend the game. There should be a lot of people traveling to see the game. And who knows, if the Spartans can pull off a couple of upsets, then fans will be out celebrating. And celebrating means spending what money they have, therefore boosting the economy in Michigan a little bit. I hate to say it, but the diehard Michigan fans need to suck it up and become a Michigan State fan for a week, they are playing in more than a game, their playing in finance.
    michellewalker

Michigan State Spartans Empty I watched Saturday's game

Post  michellewalker Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:30 pm

I watched Saturday's game with a patient and his daughter. I must say they do a lot for pain control as well! We were discussing exactly what you are talking about. That this is a good boost for the economy because as the games continue, the excitement builds and people keep on spending. It is great!

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:15 am