English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Man coughs up thirty year old nail

Sethobrien

Man coughs up thirty year old nail Empty Man coughs up thirty year old nail

Post  Sethobrien Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Have you ever got a sharp pain out of no where? If you get the pain just under your eye, you might want to check for a nail in your nasal cavity. A man was going to get an MRI and after getting a sharp pain just under his eye, he coughed up a nail that is said to be at least thirty years old. My question is how would you not know when the nail was put there? Wouldn’t that have hurt when it was put there? The man is really lucky that he did not get tetanus which can be fatal if he did not get the shot. I wonder if he just suddenly remembered “oh yeah I remember when I was building something and I lost the nail” or something like that. It is just amazing to me that he did not know it was there for thirty years. He had to of been having pains there and had to of been ignoring them. I mean how would you not know that there is a nail in your nose that is just over an inch long. He is a really lucky guy. I guess now he is back to normal just going to his doctor to get his blood pressure checked instead of going in to show his doctor what he had coughed up right before his MRI. Check it out!
    michellewalker

Man coughs up thirty year old nail Empty Amazing

Post  michellewalker Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:16 pm

That is truly amazing! Not to mention surprising! My first thought is that the MRI must have dislodged the nail a bit. Fortunately for the man, he coughed it out instead of it being ripped out by the MRI itself.

As he said, he had no idea he had a foreign body in there, otherwise the MRI tech would have never allowed him to have the procedure.

What a lucky guy! He should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 am