English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Death By Printing A Document?

CoryHearns

Death By Printing A Document? Empty Death By Printing A Document?

Post  CoryHearns Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 pm

For this week’s current event article I found one about how laser printers actually might emit toxic dust that could be very harmful to a person. I think it is scary because I think back and all throughout my childhood I have used laser printers. My mom had one at her work and I would always play with it when I had to stay with her. I had them in almost every single computer lab that I ever used at school. I even had a class in high school with three of them going almost constantly. It is pretty shocking to learn things like this, it seems that all this research is just finding out that pretty much everything people have been using for so long is actually harmful in many different ways. Hopefully they can find a new way to combine the efficiency and dependability of a laser printer with the environmentally sound practice of not putting poisonous micro dust into the air. Laser printers are superb to inkjet printers in speed and quality, however, through investigating the detrimental side effects to using laser printers, one may start to rethink sacrificing speed and quality for health and wellbeing. By switching to inkjet printers, the toxic micro dust and the side effects that come with it, could be greatly reduced and still make it easy and reliable to print your documents using a plain inkjet printer. Gone are the days when health and side effects are put on the back burner, we need to seriously rethink solutions to problems and this is just one of the many options to make this world a better, healthier place to live.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026007.html
    Sethobrien

Death By Printing A Document? Empty Re: Death By Printing A Document?

Post  Sethobrien Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:00 pm

I think that this would have been one of the least likely thing to have found to cause illness. With all of the chemicals that are being added to everything I can see them as causing illness but not a printer. I think that it is pretty bad for researcher to find this out after how long they have been used for. I am sure that most people have come in contact with one of these printers some time in their life. I would think that people tha print magazines or business cards or something like that would be comming down with a lot of the illnesses that are associated with the dust that comes from these printers. Well I guess that its better late then never for them to find this kind of information out.
    courtniesanmiguel

Post  courtniesanmiguel Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:33 pm

I have also been around laser printers at school and at home almost all of my life! It seems like you can get some type of sickness or problem from everything out there these days and being safe around everyday objects is getting harder and harder to do. One thing I have been hearing about though is soy based ink. Soy based ink is supposed to be better for the environment because it does not release so many chemicals into the air. It is also supposed to be healthier for us because printing and being around ink is an everyday thing especially for us students and having non toxic options is very important.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:06 am